By erockinthesuburb - 11/04/2012 16:25 - United States - Algonquin

Today, I was stopped and searched by a cop, and he quickly found the bag of weed in my pocket. He didn't arrest or fine me, but he did confiscate my weed and told me to "get lost." Pretty sure I just got legally mugged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 925
You deserved it 41 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shouldn't of had it in the first place... You got lucky kid.

blazeheartsmythe - If you truly believe that marijuana is harmless, all that tells me is that the pot has already rotted your brain. Instead of blindly railing at people who DARE to insult your precious weed, try doing some ACTUAL ******* MEDICAL RESEARCH. Oh wait, I have to assume that you're too brain dead to do that yourself. Well fortunately I've done it for you. Marijuana has been shown to cause chronic bronchitis, increases the risk of anxiety and depression, and it suppresses the immune system, making you more prone to infections. It also is linked to membranous glomerulonephritis, coronary vasospasm, emphysema, and spontaneous pneumothorax. This is not anectodal evidence, idiot. These are respected medical journals which I read and you DON'T. I promise you, don't **** with me when it comes to actual medical information, because I guarantee you WILL LOSE.

Comments

perdix 29

The cop did you a solid by not hauling you ass into jail. Don't think of it as a mugging, consider it involuntary bribery. I don't know much about weed and the costs of going through the legal system, but that cop probably saved you a fortune. Are you going to begrudge him a little high?

Yes, an intelligent person begrudges hypocrisy however it is manifested.

Do cops have a right to search you like that? Sounds more like some smart criminal dressed as a cop just ran off with your weed.

They have the right....but you have the right to deny it unless they have probable cause which would mean extremely strong scent or if it was visible.

Yeah he even managed to drive around in A CAR THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A COP CAR

******* pigs I woulda asked if he wanted to blaze

to the ones that say cops don't have the right for this and that - they can get around your hippy calls for "warrants" on your pockets just by irking that suspicion. OP's situation happened to me a few times and i ALWAYS got out of it by not being a dick. Remember, only the guilty run and lie. if you're cool with the cop over something minimal like this, odds are it'll work in your favor.

Truth is a Good thing but keep in mind that it's every cops tactic to convince you that 'everything will be alright' if you just hand it and your rights over

kayla_ann0o 9

Not true I was nice to the cop that searched me and I got in a shit load of trouble for less then a nic.

cayytee 0

more like your life rules. buy some more pot dummy.

Are you sure that was a real cop and not someone posing as a cop?

hockey331 1

Your lucky nothing happened . Cop just wanted free weed . Lol

Oh look! It's Doc Bastard's favorite subject. The stupidity on here makes me weep for the future. Is someone going to argue that marijuana isn't a drug? OP would you rather have been arrested?