By Anonymous - 04/02/2017 19:00 - United States - San Diego

Today, at an MA meeting, I ran into the cop who'd pulled me over and given me a ticket for marijuana possession. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 508
You deserved it 1 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Addiction respects no one. It might seem hypocritical, but a policeman's job is to enforce the law. A cop that speeds still has to write speeding tickets. Same for weed. FHL, though, he probably lost his job for the same thing you only got a ticket for.

Jachin357 28

This can be the awkward begining of a long lasting friendship.

Comments

Addiction respects no one. It might seem hypocritical, but a policeman's job is to enforce the law. A cop that speeds still has to write speeding tickets. Same for weed. FHL, though, he probably lost his job for the same thing you only got a ticket for.

He or she should never have been a cop in the first place.

whats MA? ive heard of AA and even NA but whats MA?

Jachin357 28

This can be the awkward begining of a long lasting friendship.

Jachin357 28

This can be the awkward begining of a long lasting friendship.

Marijuana Anonymous, it's a group where people with Marijuana addictions can go get help anonymously with other people.

No they mean MA. There are MA meetings believe it or not.

No, he didn't dare to... do his job despite the conflict of interest, did he? People have no shame, going around doing what they're paid to do and all.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"The day the cops start bringing their badges into meetings is the day the addicts stop coming" - Detective Lance somewhere in the Arrow.

onceuponatime456 16

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's a drug that alters the chemicals in the body and has pleasant effects for many people as a result. So, yes, it is addictive, just like alcohol, prescription medication that's dosed wrong, video games, sex, and the internet. People can get addicted to pretty much anything, so just because most marijuana users don't feel like their usage is causing them problems, there are people that feel like it does, and peo

The same as being addicted to coffee though, all psychological but no dependence

people* that get as addicted to it as other addicts.

You can get addicted. But it's psychological. Such as video games etc... I know people that have the psychological addiction and you can clearly see it.

I was 100% addicted. I have an addictive personality anyway, but still...

It is not physically addictive. You wouldn't die if you were to suddenly stop using and you don't experience withdrawal in the same sense as a physically addictive drug. However, it is definitely psychologically addictive.