By idiot - 09/07/2012 21:26 - United States

Today, I was sitting in my car waiting my shift to start. I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to a call from my boss firing me. I was in the parking lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 077
You deserved it 23 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to sleep more! Stop burning the candle at both ends!

Grammar_Nazi01 5

That's too bad. Should have just gone into work as soon as you got there. Entirely your fault. Sorry to say. :)

Comments

Surly you must have a record of not showing for your boss to fire you on the spot? Generally you get 3 strikes, or something of that nature. Or maybe your boss is just an ass, either way FYL.

The question is where do YOU work, very few companies will fire someone on a first offense, unless it's something incredibly bad, like stealing.

I suppose that would make more sense to have just said, "You should be asking yourself that". The question didn't change xD

Seriously, I have never worked ANYWHERE where you were fired the first time for being late. So either the OP is lying, has a history of lateness or other problems, or their boss/company is seriously strict.

Surly you're a repeat offender of your boss fired you on the spot. Generally there's a 3 strike rule, or something of that sort. Or maybe your boss is just an ass, eaither way FYL. *sorry if I posted this twice, the app is being wonky*

Damn, that sucks! Next time set an alarm just in case.

Well if you would have just gone in early, not only would you still have a job, you might have gotten a promotion.

SLEinTN 7

YDI. Maybe on your next job you wont be such an adolescent.

What does being a teenager have to do with losing your job?

perdix 29

While it is clear you got to the parking lot before your shift started, it's not clear how long your little snooze took. I have a big dump truck with a three-ton YDI in it. If you fill in the details, I'll know whether he can dump in on your lawn.

neonglostix 28

I ha the same thing happen to me, but I wa suspended an had to write an apology letter. :/

Sounds like a chance to find a better job anyway, ef the car wash

lovepandorasaver 11

While I want to say YDI it so bad, I still feel the boss handled it badly. He may of saw your car in the parking lot or at least should of called you 5 minutes after your shift started to bitch you out, not fire you. Couldn't hold back, YDI