By idiot - 09/07/2012 21:26 - United States

Today, I was sitting in my car waiting my shift to start. I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to a call from my boss firing me. I was in the parking lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 078
You deserved it 23 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to sleep more! Stop burning the candle at both ends!

Grammar_Nazi01 5

That's too bad. Should have just gone into work as soon as you got there. Entirely your fault. Sorry to say. :)

Comments

soad2014 7

Am I the only one who was thinking of "Hypnotize" after reading that first sentence? Anyways, what helps is setting a timer for yourself next time it happens. "I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my girl..."

Sucks for you, OP. you definitely have an awful home life since you need to sleep in a car.

wow, surely you should have had some sort of warning? if im late i get a phonecall asking where i am. sacking on the spot seems a bit harsh especially if this was OPs first offense

hateevryone 14

So it's a better time than ever before to take inventory of your career and discover your REAL mission in work. Short of sickness or extreme stress, I don't see how you could do such a thing as this when you're doing the work you're meant for.

I'm a boss and generally I do give my employees three chances but in this circumstance I too would have fired you on the spot - it's your responsibility to get the sleep you need BEFORE showing up for work.

noisebox 1

They're supposed to give warnings, written reprimands then you get fired... Ditch the 'joe jobs' and having to deal with power tripping retard bosses....

scottishoatmeal 22