By Anonymous - 10/03/2012 14:20 - United States

Today, I was re-watching my wedding video. As I was walking down the aisle, you could hear my grandfather mutter "Here comes the bride, all fat and wide." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 082
You deserved it 5 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheFamilyElf 17

Grandfathers are the funniest people in the world, hands down. Don't take it seriously, OP. He's most likely kidding. Even if he wasn't, I'm sure you looked stunning.

Comments

perdix 29

I learned that in about second grade. I guess it's been around a lot longer than that! You just gotta love the FMLs where fat people are surprised that other can detect that they are fat.

a_lenzmeier 11

I agree. I guess it's a common courtesy to not point out the obvious when it comes to fat people. If that's the case, I think in return the obese should provide us the common courtesy of paying for two airplane seats.

At my bridal shower, my grandmother said I was lucky to find a man willing to overlook my gigantic ass. I was 97 lbs. and comfortably wore a size 4 in pants. How big could my ass have possibly been? And she was waddling around in a size 18 when she said this. Some grandparents just like to point the 'fat' finger at their grandkids. Now you know what a nasty, rude person your grandfather is, OP. Just ignore him.

This isn't about him 'detecting' she's fat. It's about her grandfather ridiculing her behind her back on her wedding day and loudly enough that other people would have heard it (as it was loud enough to get picked up by the video mic). He's her grandfather. He should just be happy for her and keep his negative opinions out of her wedding day.

Yes, No. 127, you are exactly right. Why would a man rip the bride, his granddaughter, as she is walking down the aisle and do it loudly enough for others to hear? If I were at a wedding and overheard someone ridicule the bride, I would think that person is a rude, low class jerk. If you cannot go to a wedding and shut your piehole and be happy for the couple, then stay the **** home and don't ruin the day.

1. it waa the grandpa who said it not the grandma. 2. tell him to shove it where the sun dont shine.

EasilyAmused85 3

same type of bs my grandfather would say. they think it's ok cuz they are old. jerks

I'm really sorry OP, fyl indeed but I can't stop laughing...

coffeechick 1

Oh please, you're fine. You got married right? You're still married??? So your grandpa said that,think someone already asked this,did your hear your grandpa say that while you were walking down the aisle? Your grandpa sounds like a hoot.I dont remember mine,they died 40+ years ago.

Lol your grandfather must be Clint Eastwood!