By CARnage - 21/05/2010 10:11 - Australia

Today, I hadn't been out in two weeks, and I was looking forward to going to the beach with my friends. Instead, I rear-ended someone at a roundabout and had to go home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 369
You deserved it 23 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so... you can still go to The Beach...

haha have a listen to these people telling others they have poor driving skills, this happens to the best of us ! and yea roundabout is a ozzy slang for anus. in oz we call it roundabout sir. and mate i hope you had insurance ?

Comments

could be worse...at least you went home instead of to the hospital....

breakingakajav 0

this sucks...and yeah at least you we're hurt

so call your friend to pick you up? oh wait two weeks at home u said....

simian_nelipot 0

Well at least you managed to have some excitement.

smellyoldlady 0

were you goin to the jersey shore "BIIITTCCHH!"

pingpongpickle 8

the fact that you said it was at a roundabout makes this fml really funny . I love roundabouts!

dude ur a **** for saying second, but op I really feel sorry for you, but how could u not see them :L?

austo97 0

and your a **** for putting a pic of your ugly ass body as your profile pic

Well, over the last couple months this has turned into the gay/lesbian, sometimes straight pick-up message board.

We_Li_Ve_Fr_Ee 0

Well atleast it isn't as bad as, dare I saw it? *whispers: "the 4chan forums"*

We_Li_Ve_Fr_Ee 0
tweetbaby14 18

roundabouts suck ass OP I know how you feel. my mom drove the wrong way on one and an old lady and us almost had a head on collision but instead the old lady yelled at us through her window

arkumx 3

this place blows compared the site you mentioned #16. also fyl for living where they have traffic circles.

blindyblonde13 0

hahaha again does anyone else find "rear-ended" very immaturely funny...? haha immaturely.. is that a word?

melissamoshh 0

hahaha wow sucks for you. and lol @ 36 yeah it's funny to me too (:

Well that was silly, why did you do that?

1LL337 0

YDI rear end accidents ate always the fault of the person behind

not true. I had an incident where a van slammed on the brakes on a busy road nowhere near a turnoff or intersection with no tail lights. I only just hit her (flexed fiberglass but that's it.) unfortunately I was rear ended. but the van was ruled at fault. he was trying to get into An accident I'm pretty sure. because all of his lights were broken inside the housings.

Yours was a rare exception. In general most of those accidents are the fault of the person who did the rear ending. The only exception is when proper warning is not given for stopping or there is sudden stopping for no reason.

Grim_reaper651 0

If the person's car is unfit for the road (i.e. no brake lights as above) then it would be their fault. But if you rear-end someone it's because you were too close to them. You should always leave at least a 2 second gap and double if wet. So if they stop suddenly you should be able to stop without rear-ending them.

She stopped, I thought she'd slowed down. $2200 later, I wish I had been paying slightly more attention. Interestingly enough, the lady was hit by a car today as she walked to her car after work. So I guess I'm ahead?

r u the OP? or just telling what happened to you...

that sucks well u still have the whole summer to go to the beach!! :D

13: Not in Australia we don't. OP's from Queensland. It will be Winter here in under two weeks.

yeah and that sucks! When I came to Australia, I was fooled! we only have this image of sunny beaches and warm weather! Now some days I got to get a scarf! Bouuuuh :'( Cheers from Melbourne!

Queenslanders can't use roundabouts. Fact.

Well that sucks, but YDI because you should be watching where you're going. While driving, your mind should only be on driving. And rear-ending someone is always your fault.