By verrine - 19/06/2009 08:22 - United Kingdom

Today, I was mugged on my way to the bus stop. With no money or mobile I started to panic about the exam I had and ran the 3.5 miles to get to there. When I staggered up to the building only 20mins after the exam started, the university staff wouldn't let me sit it as I couldn't prove my identity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 941
You deserved it 3 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol, how great would it be if the mugger went and took the test using your ID and purposely failed it just to screw you over even more?

Comments

skierguy 0

those are pretty extenuating circumstances. I'm sure you can either rewrite it or have it omitted.

#104 maybe at your uni you can't even get into a building without id but that isn't the case everywhere! #106 usually universities are very large compared to high schools, so staff wouldn't necessarily know the op, unless it is a very small campus or something. and for what sounds like a very important exam, you can't just explain the situation - you might get away with that on a small assignment or something (depending where you go, of course), but for something like a final exam you would normally need documentation of some sort, otherwise anyone could claim that something like this happened to get out of an exam they weren't prepared for.

my university would definitely do that. sucks, report it to police and file a complaint with the department. The circumstances should make it void or make it so you can retake it at a later date. you can't get into any university building without an ID, let alone sit the exam

since when do you need identity to go to school, the uni staff know you surely? and you could have just explained the situation...

When you go to huge colleges and uni's often the tests are taken in separate building, and you have to show identity to show you are a student.

wow, that sux!!! FYL- i hope they find the SOB who mugged you...

DizzyDaydreams 1

No cell - no police call. If she DID report it to the police, she would have missed the test too.