By Rehab - 11/02/2010 19:58 - United States

Today, I was looking through my computer's history to find a website I had visited. I found an online forum where my son was discussing how to inject Oxycontin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 389
You deserved it 3 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oxycodone is not a form of heroin, and neither is methadone. Methadone is used to give heroin addicts the same feeling as heroin, and the feeling goes away after the first use. Oxycodone is a pain reliever that is one molecule away from being heroin. At least he's not doing Heroin. I've done Oxycodone, and methadone. it's not bad, as in it's not that addicting or fun. If you pm me ill gladly explain to you what to do, and to help.

And how old is that sonny of yours?

Comments

Oxycodone is not a form of heroin, and neither is methadone. Methadone is used to give heroin addicts the same feeling as heroin, and the feeling goes away after the first use. Oxycodone is a pain reliever that is one molecule away from being heroin. At least he's not doing Heroin. I've done Oxycodone, and methadone. it's not bad, as in it's not that addicting or fun. If you pm me ill gladly explain to you what to do, and to help.

Monikabug 9

thanks for clearing that up. someone needed too. :)

erizzz 0

are u kidding me? oxycodone is just as addicting if not more so than heorin. get your facts strait.

FaithX 0

Are you kiddint???? Oxycodone not as addicting??????? Someone's a pill addict in denial...

Kylias 6

The responses to #14 make me giggle.

xanniefiend420 0

@ 27 I have taken oxycodone before as well and I did them for about a week straight every day and then I ran out and didn't bother to do them again and had almost no trouble after about a day or so. they're honestly not that addictive. and nowhere near heroin. I know from first hand experience. oxycontin on the other hand... that's really ****** addictive. never tried it though

Malinkrot 3

go to a methadone clinic and tell them that oxycotin and methadone aren't addictive, you will feel like a ******* moron.

#163, the whole purpose of methadone is to ween you off heroin. As such, it mimics the feeling of being on drugs but IS NOT addictive - otherwise what is the point? It would be like treating a crackhead with crystal meth. I'm not hazarding a guess about the potencies of the different Oxy's though. OP, proactive parenting is your friend. Pay attetion to your kids and they'll likely stay off drugs.

FaithX 0

@136 - Right, a week straight of oxycodone. More than likely, you weren't taking much and it was low dosage. It's just as addicting to heroin, and to claim it's not is dangerous misinformation. And for christ's sake people, this is the internet! Google it! OxyContin is the brand named time-release, single drug formula of OXYCODONE! They ARE the same thing!!

I hope you know, you're all dumbasses who think they know shit. You're not. You're ******* retarded and don't know shit, except that the government makes lies, and tells you shit. Have you done Oxycodone?(Same thing as ******* Oxycontin, because Oxycontin is a brand name. Contin is the name they added into it, for Continuous.) It's not bad. I did methadone once, and I loved it, but I didn't need to do it, same with Oxycontin. they gave me headaches. I have a friend who did heroin once, and felt the urge coming back, but he didn't do it again..Obviously, addiction is for stupid people. Anyone who gets addicted, especially to something as little as a ******* Oxycontin pill, is a fucktard.

FaithX 0

Ah, I see. Homegrowntwinkie is DEFINITELY a drug addict in denial. You need to be sterilized.

You should be sterilized for being an ignorant fuckass, and oblivious to the truth, you ******* Straight Edge bastard.

FaithX 0

I also didn't fully see where you were coming from. Experimentation alone doesn't cause addiction. I've known dozens who have done many drugs and walked away no problem - and dozens who didn't. Of the ones who didn't, I know many who've died from it, many who never got off it, many who had to go to rehab to get off, and many who, like me, never went to rehab, NA or anything, just ******* gave it up. You seem to believe addiction is about intelligence or the drug itself - not even close. ALL opiates have a higher risk of addiction because it's a chemical the human body makes - we actually have opiate receptors in our brains (so alright - I'll give it that one, opiate addiction is somewhat about the drug itself, but the human factor is what really affects it.) Far more than the chemicals themselves is the factor of personality type. An obsessive-compulsive person is much more likely to develop an addiction than most, as is just about any person with any sort of mental illness. As far as intelligence being a factor - that doesn't hold it's weight when you consider the fact that many of the greatest thinkers the world has ever seen were addicts, especially in the world of literature. So, I see now how your opinions were formed, and the only things I think you're wrong on are how addictive things are (just because you didn't get addicted does not mean something is LESS addictive) and methadone. Methadone is extremely dangerous - did you know if you take nyquil while on methadone it can kill you? Methadone as an addiction treatment is finally being phased out and replaced with suboxone, and it's efficacy was never much more than zero in the first place. Do a little research on it, you might be shocked it was ever used in the first place.

fijisoccer15 4

Oxycodone is not as addictive as heroin. I've taken it several times and never become addicted. Tons of my friends have done the same and never become addicted. Three have done heroin once and become completely addicted. The opiate is highly addictive but no where near that of heroin. Plus I'm an M.D.

fijisoccer15 4

Oh and FaithX, you kinda kicked ass. Congrats.

You really expect us to believe you are a medical doctor?

newsgit 0

Oxycotin? Isn't a bit of a hard drug?

oxycontin is a 'hard drug' tramadol is an antidepressant that also takes away pain, thats why you feel happier

cam007_fml 0

It'll lead to meth sooner or late.

at least it's used to ween kids off of heroin, that's not as bad as doing straight heroin.

erizzz 0

ur obviously retarded. oc can be just as addictive as heroin. actually, most people start with oc and then move on to heroin once they are addicted, because heroin is cheaper.

xanniefiend420 0

I agree with 31 but the prices vary depending on where you live an how much is avalible

I think you're thinking of Saboxone which is somewhat less addicting and designed to ween people off opiates. Oxycontin is for pain.

If your son is doing hardcore drugs, shouldn't it be kind of obvious?

I would immediately talk to him about it. A kid at my school the other week overdosed on oxycodone during school, trashed our principal's office and spat on a cop, and had to be tased. Not a pretty sight.

You do know, that you don't actually overdose off of things like Vicodin, and Oxycodone? It's the tylenol(APAP) that they use as filler for the pills, that make you OD. And that kid probably can't handle his own.

you can overdose on anything. and if it started its life as a prescribed tablet for someone, then the only filler it has is sand

FaithX 0

Another example of this "homegrowntwinkie"'s dangerous misinformation. People don't actually overdose on the opiate part of a drug??? You really are clueless and shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.

cam007_fml 0

You can OD on anything. Even pot.

im sorry but you can't OD on weed. I smoked it for quite some time and heavily. No one has ever died from marijuana usage. One would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate his or herself to OD. It's usually reckless behavior or a mixture of weed plus another drug that gets people into trouble and/or killed.

so the 14yo girl i had to resucitate at a rave who i had personally seen arrive and smoke the weed and then collapse just had an asthma attack is that what you're saying? (oh and she was tested and negative for any other drug or alcohol) grow up. there are entire wards in psyche units for people who have fried their brains from marijuana

monnanon 13

no no no. Marijuana does not cause mental illness it makes the symptons more likely to appear. You need to have the correct neural pathways for something like schizophrenia for marijuana to "cause " it. I can see the comments now saying "Oh so they would not have gotten the symptoms if they hadn't smoked weed?" Well true but schizophrenia can be triggered by a lot of things so its hard to tell whether the symptoms would have appeared or not without weed. It still stands that a person without those specific neural pathways cannot get schizophrenia from smoking weed. Also in the case of clinical depression weed hightens any mood. So if you are happy you will be really happy and so on. The girl who collapsed I would have to say probably did have an attack but thats with me assuming she was asthmatic as you didnt say otherwise. my little sister is severly asthmatic and any little bit of passive smoking makes her really badly wheezy I'd dread to think what would happen to her if she smoked. Regardless of the circumstances of her collapse i hope the girl is OK.

cam007_fml 0

@182, pot doesn't cause mental illness. It kills brain cells. The dude that sits beside me in Biology isso brain dead that he can't do anything. He has to cheat off me.

monnanon 13

I never said it caused it the whole point of my post was to point out that it didnt.

tb15 0

please, for the love of god, don't start the pot debate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KurouTenshi 0

xD Nice, your innocent little boy isn't so innocent--but at least its a safer version of a most hardcore drug! So, think positively :D

erizzz 0

most people who inject oc are probably using heroin too. once you make the leap to needles, it doesn't matter what the drug is as long as you can get your fix. and oc is not any "safer" than heroin.

KurouTenshi 0

I'll try to bathe my next comment more heavily in sarcasm so that you can be sure to smell it :)

erizzz 0

this is no joking matter. my brother is struggling with an addiction like this and it can be fatal. the best thing you can do is let him know how this makes you and his other loved ones feel and be supportive of his recovery if he chooses. only he can decide if he wants to get help, u can't force anyone to stop. let him know you love him and don't get angry with his poor descisons, because chances are, he knows the descisons he's making are bad but he can't help it.

Are you crazy?!?!!?!? Tell a drug addict the effects his addiction are having and expect him to give it up?!?!!??! How can you really expect a drug addict to make a rational decision about his/her addiction. Parenting in the States NEEDS to get stricter.

quikwit1212 0

Actually, that is one of two major things to do to stop people from taking drugs. The second is to jail their ass. My dad was arrested for use of meth, and that got him clean. He now has random drug tests every month. He has been clean for four years. Parenting doesn't need to get stricter, self control does. Parents can't watch kids 24/7 and expect those same kids to trust them. Just because it seems the easiest thing to do, don't blame the parents.

iamghostbad 0

I agree quikwit dope heads need support and love and if that doesn't work jail or rehab is the only other option. hate to say it but those people should not be in our society selling useing and eventually mugging. FYL for not realizeing sooner.