By Anonymous - 03/04/2011 09:35 - Australia

Today, I was in the shower 'grooming' myself for my second anniversary with my boyfriend. Halfway through the hot water ran out. I now have the choice of going with the low 'half-fro' or risking hypothermia. My boyfriend thinks hypothermia would be the better option. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 578
You deserved it 28 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kaitlyn3xo 0

don't be a baby just finish up quick, your not gonna get hypothermia from a cold shower

maybe wait a few minutes for the water to heat up, or tell him to deal with it.

Comments

I have rarely seen so many who knew so little about so much. 1) You CAN get hypothermia if you stay in cold water long enough. How cold? 95.0 degrees Fahrenheit. How soon? I don't know; depends how cold is the water. 2) You CAN get hyperthermia if you stay in hot water long enough. How hot? 108.0 degrees (measured in the brain) Fahrenheit. It is commonly called a fever. It is why hot tubs come with warnings about staying too long in them. Congratulations! Now you are not as ******* ignorant as when you started reading and shooting your mouth off.

Yes, but it's a shower, not only is she not immersed in it, but she doesn't actually have to stay in the stream of water. Also, it isn't winter, the water isn't going to be that cold. Most importantly, if she has already started the job, she's going to be in there 5 minutes TOPS, in room temperature water, that is NOT going to give her hypothermia. Yes, it is theoretically possible to get hypothermia from a cold shower. If it's the middle of winter in a cold snowy place, not practically summer in Australia. You would also, unless you're extremely skinny, have to stay in that cold shower for a damn good period of time before you actually started to get sick, and by that stage your self preservation would probably have kicked in and you'd probably get out. Common sense wins out over science this time :) Edit: 95F is 35C.... Thats pretty damn warm... considering beach temperature is rarely above 22C where I live and we can stay in that water for HOURS without getting anything worse than a bad sunburn... I think you might be mistaken...

Burbman 1

it ran out? geez how much hair do you have

I agree with your boyfriend... and maybe you should shave more often if you even have a fro to begin with

aww poor baby can't take a little cold water. suck it up, princess. YDI

Ummm... you know you don't have to be showering to shave, right? It's actually a lot easier and you get a much closer shave if you do so without the shower running and then just rinse off afterward. Use conditioner or lotion before you start shaving too and you'll get fewer in-grown hairs.

To all those bitching about looking like a 5 year old... its your mind that takes your there >.> I can't say I've ever looked at my clean shaven bits and thought "oh, I look like a child". Regardless of how it looks, having a groomed (doesn't necessarily have to be clean shaven) ****** is SO much cleaner. Hair retains odours and moisture and all sorts of nasty things. You'd pretty much have to shampoo down there to ensure it's entirely clean and then that would destroy the natural PH balance of your ****** causing you to get all sorts of things.. like thrush for example. Get a pair of scissors or a beard trimmer and just trim the bushes back a little so that you're not sending him in to a dirty smelly jungle. If not for him, do it for yourself.

"Hair retains odours and moisture and all sorts of nasty things." -- Then ******* wash! Hair does not make a person unhygienic nor is it dirty. Regular soap and water (or even just water for the really picky) is all you need to stay clean. If you want to shampoo it, you can, but don't touch your inner lips.

Jordanfortenberr 0

Hey some people like a hairy beaver ^ but shampooing would be good to keep odor out. I don't want that junk smelling like salmon and onions.

Everybody, I'm pretty sure this FML is about her BF being a jerk, not that she couldn't finish "grooming".

NavyAvi 0

or you could not be a bitch and take the cold water lol it's not that cold drama queen. ydi