By the girl next door - 07/05/2013 05:10 - United States - Maryland Heights

Today, I was in a bathroom stall and I accidentally dropped my new tampon on the ground. Just as I was about to reach for it, I heard a voice on the other side of the stall say, "Oh great, I needed that" and then a hand reached under my stall and grabbed it. It was my last one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 819
You deserved it 5 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please tell me the tampon was still in the wrapper

Comments

oj101 33

Who picks a tampon off the floor with bacteria and puts it in themselves?! That's even more disturbing than OP's misfortune.

#12 you genius, you do realise tampons come in wrappers right?

CharresBarkrey 15

Even if it wasn't in a wrapper, they have plastic or cardboard applicators on them.

That's still disgusting because the applicator goes inside you, meaning the bacteria still gets in and then when you remove the applicator it will also get on the tampon.

CharresBarkrey 15

Why would you still put the applicator inside after it was on the ground? I'm saying the tampon itself is still covered. Surely you could find a way to put it in without an applicator.

That would be a very difficult thing to do

oj101 33

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't eat a packet of sweets (even when completely sealed/airtight) that I just found on the bathroom floor - let alone put stuff into my privates that I found off the floor, regardless of whether its wrapped up or not.

Some brands don't have an applicator at all with the tampon, you just use your fingers to shove it in place up there.

88, Lol ugh! Lol why would any tampon-making company make a tampon that DOESN'T have an applicator attached with it? What girl would buy a tampon that would need her to use her own fingers to shove it in and then get blood to seep into her nails, then drip all over her fingers, down her hand and arm during the process? Makes no sense. If there is a company like that I don't know how they make money lol

Uh. There are companies who make tampons that don't use applicators. I hate using applicators, it's way easier to get it in the right place with a finger. And I have NEVER had blood under my nails or any more than a tiny smudge easily wiped off with toilet paper. Seriously?

willowlucifer 4

...what the hell kind of period are you having that you think it works like that???

118 and 148. I see How and why you guys (and 19 other people) down voted my previous common. I guess I didn't check up on the previous comment above mine. I have extremely heavy flow like each week that I have my period. So for me, there would be a lot of blood. Maybe not under my nails (I might have overexaggerated this description) but I would have blood dripping down my hand and arm. I guess I'm the only girl with a heavy flow. I guess I should have said that it probably only catered to me in that comment. I'm sorry. I know that that is probably too personal. But for me, applicators would probably be the best choice for me. I also apologize for being a bit dumb to not understand that there are other women who have much lighter periods that allow them to use non applicator tampons. But yea. I was in the wrong to put you (the previous commenter) down without checking up on that. And again my apoligies.

And by previous commenter (I mistakenly forgot to mention you) I'm also referring to #88 since she was the one who first informed me

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

That jokes older than the bible. It's also pretty tasteless.

The classics never die. And that's the point of the joke.

But this is a joke that really does need to die, mainly because it was never funny to begin with.

m_n_m2000 5

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess homosexual... No strait man who ever wants to get laid says that....

User90210 5
larsak 3

Guys stop thumbing him down! He's cute. :(

RedPillSucks 31

@dragonfirefairy - I'll trust you.... Wait... Are those fangs? Gahhh!!! Ahhhggghhh! Gurgle.....

Being cute doesn't make the joke funny...besides, chest pics aren't cute, just narcissistic.

112 My profile pic was supposed to be douchy, that's what makes it funny. How about people get back to commenting on the actual FML instead of nit picking everyone on here.

then why are you still talking about it ?

From her perspective, it's the opposite of FML for the other woman. I bet she is telling people how she was in an awkward position without one and behold, one rolled under the stall to her. You could've answered her prayers! Congratulations, you were a guardian angel!

CharresBarkrey 15

I don't think it rolled into her stall, though. The FML said she reached under into OP's stall to get it. Which makes it even more weird.

DaLiquer 20

You should've barged into that stall and beat the crap out of her then taken your tampon back!

That's misfortunate, kinda gross, but misfortunate nonetheless.

Sounds like you needed quicker feet OP.

Breaking news! A local tampon thief was just reported....

RedPillSucks 31

It was a bloody nightmare. More of this penetrating story at 11:00pm

Two things wrong here; A. Someone stole your tampon, B. You were going to use a tampon you dropped on the dirty bathroom floor. I'm not a clean freak, but I wouldn't stick something in my ****** that's been on the bathroom floor in a public restroom.

I'm assuming it was still in the wrapper.

Tampons DO come in these magical things called wrappers.

Even if the wrapper was already off, she really only had a few options: 1) use it anyway and risk infection, 2) try using toilet paper in place of a pad/tampon (which, by the way, is useless most of the time), or 3) bleed through her pants.

Actually, toilet paper in place of a pad works fine as long as you change it when necessary and you don't have a really heavy flow...I was forced to do it a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked!