By Margaret - 19/05/2009 15:50 - United States

Today, I was flying back home from college with my Mom. At the airport, the ticket agent tells us she only has one ticket listed for Margaret. My mom and I have the same name. American Airlines thought a Margaret had bought two tickets by mistake, so they cancelled one of the transactions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 883
You deserved it 4 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wouldn't they like call you or something and ask if it's a mistake instead of just cancelling your tickets? I know plenty of people that have the same names, especially if they're related.

Comments

Ouch, so who took the ticket? Also, first.

kingace 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
The_FMLs 0

it's not her fault, her mom named her.

You're an idiot. Having the same name as one of your parents is common. I mean do you think people just name their kids Junior for no ******* reason and that's not really something OP can help where you expecting her to scream from the womb not to name her that or something.

Dude they can kick you off of the flight if you look at them funny or have a bad attitude...

mrslewis 16

Yes they can to avoid duped reservations... Sometimes people actually makes mistakes and double book...

4bbaf9d3caaa8f84 20
LoveToSmile101 0

Why wouldn't they like call you or something and ask if it's a mistake instead of just cancelling your tickets? I know plenty of people that have the same names, especially if they're related.

crapmylifesucks9 0

why are you named Margaret also. Thats a little odd.

Next time get the tickets with 'Jr' and ''Sr' on them or something.

hay_ana 0

who gives their daughter their name? odd.

I don't see a problem...men give their sons their names...

Yeah, like Martin Luther King and Martin Luther King Jr.

... A lot of people... It's pretty common to come across 'juniors'.

My family has 4 generations of Graces. My aunt, my grandma, my great grandma, and my great great grandma. My aunt only had 1 child, a son, so I guess the Grace chain stops at 4.

8313girl 28

That's so odd to me. I could understand naming your daughter after your grandmother but having the same name go back-to-back? Yeah I think that makes things very confusing.

rocketlinks 3

it's only odd if your named after you name the daughter after the father... like my dad did to me...