By hatecolin - 10/09/2009 18:46 - United States

Today, I was driving my new car home when I came around a sharp turn to see a groundhog in the road. I kindly stopped and allowed it to cross when all of the sudden a car slammed into the back of mine. Then, another car went flying around us. That car hit and killed the groundhog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 812
You deserved it 12 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Never stop in a travel lane when there are poor sightlines for traffic behind you. Just imagine the FML from the other guy's perspective. "Today, I was driving down the road and went around a sharp curve to suddenly discover that some dickless wonder had stopped his car in the middle of the road. With no time to react, I slammed into his car. Afterwards I asked him why he was stopped. His response? 'I was letting a groundhog cross the road.' FML"

You're not supposed to stop for animals on the road, as horrible as it sounds. A few years ago a guy stopped for a family of ducks, but a truck smashed into them killing his wife and daughter. I'm an animal lover myself, but that's how life is, if they're on they road they're gonna get squished one way or another.

Comments

crisco96 0

I'm from a farming family and groundhogs do a lot of damage to field crops, so we go out of our way to hit them if they're on the road. My dad told me one time that someone almost ran out of the road trying to miss one while my dad almost hit the other car while trying to kill the groundhog.

From what I understand of this, a car hit you cause you stopped for a Groundhog. Then A DIFFERENT car hit the Groundhog? You need a better conclusion.

No offense, but you went around a sharp turn and then stopped, and you're saying FML because someone rear-ended you? What did you think would happen? I hate drivers that don't consider other people. I won't even abbreviate - You Deserve It. You are a moronic driver who probably doesn't deserve your licence. Die in a fire - I hate idiotic, oblivious drivers like you.

StopBeinLazy 0

HEY DUMBASS Stop being retarded!!! IF THE ANIMAL IS TOO SMALL TOO CAUSE HARM TO YOU OR OTHER DRIVERS, YOU DONT STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!! This is ENTIRELY the OP's fault!! Have fun paying three cars' worth of damage asshole! How about learning the rules of the road!

Ok people, consider this: #1-The OP never said how far she had gotten past the sharp turn. #2-Obviously she wasn't too invisible if the asshole who hit the groundhog could see them well enough to go around them, so stop acting as if the OP is completely at fault. #3-As someone else brought up, you should always be driving at a safe enough speed so you can make a sudden stop if needed.

Aw, now how are we going to tell if there's six more weeks of winter? Seriously though, sucks for the groundhog.

I'd rather die from getting rammed in the back of my car by some dumbfuck Republican than run over a family of geese.

LOL what's a groundhog? Is thaty the American version of the word Hedgehog? No matter. I'm about to go on my first driving test. Now I know that if a hedgehog walks out in front of the car, I won't stop. Poor hedgehog. I'd be all like: "No! Don't roll up into a ball! Move! No, don't move there!" *sound of ball going under tyres* "FFFFUUUUUUU-"

omgznoes 0

YDI, on your driving test if you swerve or stop to avoid hitting an animal, you fail. THERE'S A REASON FOR THIS! I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE! happy insurance sorting.

YDI for having a heart and not killing it. But seriously I always see those things in the road, most the wild life I see is in the street.