By hatecolin - 10/09/2009 18:46 - United States

Today, I was driving my new car home when I came around a sharp turn to see a groundhog in the road. I kindly stopped and allowed it to cross when all of the sudden a car slammed into the back of mine. Then, another car went flying around us. That car hit and killed the groundhog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 812
You deserved it 12 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Never stop in a travel lane when there are poor sightlines for traffic behind you. Just imagine the FML from the other guy's perspective. "Today, I was driving down the road and went around a sharp curve to suddenly discover that some dickless wonder had stopped his car in the middle of the road. With no time to react, I slammed into his car. Afterwards I asked him why he was stopped. His response? 'I was letting a groundhog cross the road.' FML"

You're not supposed to stop for animals on the road, as horrible as it sounds. A few years ago a guy stopped for a family of ducks, but a truck smashed into them killing his wife and daughter. I'm an animal lover myself, but that's how life is, if they're on they road they're gonna get squished one way or another.

Comments

So, who got to keep the groundhog meat? In southern Ohio, the etiquette states that you get to bag the groundhog because you set it up to die. In northern Ohio, the guy driving the car that killed it wins the prize. Statewide, the guy in the middle is the big loser. He has to help the winner strap the groundhog carcass to his grill and then has to suffer the indignity of having to eat store-bought meat. What a chump!

Ground hogs are one of the few plague bearing animals left on the planet and their holes can cause damage to houses and cause horses to break their legs. They're vermin. You were trying to help black plague carry on?

Lol sucks and is awesome at the same time. I was going to be late one day to work and was driving down the highway. The highway was separated and had 2 lanes going each direction. There were 2 geese, each standing in one lane. As I was approaching, I kept honking the horn and they just WOULDN'T move. I pulled partially into the ditch to go around one of them. When I looked in the mirror, they didn't move. Long story short, run over the *******.

ydi. yeah it's nice to let them live but then again you could just swerve. plus on a curve? come on! chances are you wouldn't hit it.

Jincos 0

This is outrageous. YDI for stopping where cars are frequently. It's called either; A.) drive around groundhog, B.) run over groundhog. Think thy children, think!

Did the ducks survive? Oh hey the comment system fails again.

i respect ur choice. i probably would have tried to stop too if i was in your shoes but i probably would have checked my rear view mirror 1st

feelingblue 0

stupid drivers behind you that dont pay attention:| idiots

All of the sudden? Feh. Anyway, wow, that sucks, and poor groundhog...