By hatecolin - 10/09/2009 18:46 - United States

Today, I was driving my new car home when I came around a sharp turn to see a groundhog in the road. I kindly stopped and allowed it to cross when all of the sudden a car slammed into the back of mine. Then, another car went flying around us. That car hit and killed the groundhog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 812
You deserved it 12 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Never stop in a travel lane when there are poor sightlines for traffic behind you. Just imagine the FML from the other guy's perspective. "Today, I was driving down the road and went around a sharp curve to suddenly discover that some dickless wonder had stopped his car in the middle of the road. With no time to react, I slammed into his car. Afterwards I asked him why he was stopped. His response? 'I was letting a groundhog cross the road.' FML"

You're not supposed to stop for animals on the road, as horrible as it sounds. A few years ago a guy stopped for a family of ducks, but a truck smashed into them killing his wife and daughter. I'm an animal lover myself, but that's how life is, if they're on they road they're gonna get squished one way or another.

Comments

AEM_Racer1320 0

Seriously? I mean, yeah FYL for wrecking your new car, but seriously? If you run over a groundhog, you're not gonna do any damage to your car. You're only supposed to try and avoid animals bigger than a coyote. They can do some damage. But seriously? A groundhog? YDI.

Oh come on, does any of you have a heart ?

youthink_fml 0

you stopped in the middle of the road on a sharp turn?!! for a groundhog?!! ******' idiot.

You don't stop for anything smaller than a dog. Them's the rules.

musu_fml 0

The OP was NOT AT FAULT HERE: 1: If you are going to react to animals in the road, braking rather than swerving is entirely correct. 2: The car behind was going too fast; you should ALWAYS be capable of bringing the car to a complete stop in the length of the road ahead that you can SEE. Obviously, the driver was incapable of doing that. There could have been any number of reasons why there might have been a vehicle stopped just after the corner; engine problems, a previous accident, refuse collection, an ambulance, etc. The driver behind the OP deserved it, not the OP.

TheDrifter 23

And if there was a large vehicle in the oncoming lane, blocking their view for the moment where op slammed on her brakes? Are you one of those terrible drivers that slams on the brakes at every corner "just in case"?

crazy indians...... oh crap... its in the US.. and I thought only indians had mad driving skillz..... hey no offence.. :)

ozymandias_fml 0

Yeah, typical American driving style! :-P Not keeping enough distance and not paying attention of what actually is happening on the road (especially in front of you). :-P

Sprinter136 2

Yes, because ONLY Americans drive shitty, speed and get into accidents. Its just unheard of in any other country. /sarcasm

YDI. You shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road, especially not immediately after a sharp turn where no one behind you could see that you had stopped.