By Anonymous - 17/09/2009 07:05 - United States

Today, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I went to tell my grandpa, who immediately said, "I'm sorry, let's go get ice cream to cheer you up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 920
You deserved it 3 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awwww does he even know what diabetes is?

Probably just slipped out out of habit. When one of my friends is down we always suggest going out to get ice cream. Either that or he doesn't really understand what diabetes is.

Comments

a_nix777 0

aww, no ice cream for you but you can watch him eat his.

i have diabetes.. you can still eat ice cream, you just have to take the right amount of insulin. this is not an FYL at all....

It was a joke. Plus, my dad has diabetes and he eats ice cream sometimes. I suppose it depends which brand you eat. There's also diabetic ice cream, just as Thornton's does diabetic chocolate.

suck it up. I've had 2 brain surgeries. So, instead of fyl...**** you!

Jesus Christ. Maybe he doesn't understand Diabetes, and its restrictions. But hey, try being diagnosed the week before Halloween and being offered candy. So suck it.

i'm also type 1 diabetic, all of you ignorant ***** need to shut your damn mouths and have some respect. most type 1 diabetics are diagnosed during adolesence, and let me tell you, beign a teenager and trying to deal with all of the usual problems plus pricking your finger an unimaginable number of times a day, plus giving yourself a shot 2 to 5 times a day is no walk in the park. let me hold you down and shove a needle in your arm on a daily basis and then we'll see who's still talking. btw, theres no such thing as "diabetic icecream" and even the sugar free ice creams still have carbs, which is what you count to figure out your insulin ratio. i believe it's all of YOU who need to do your research. thank you, :)

ChelleStacey 0

Oh please. You make it sound like such a drama. There is such thing as low carb ice cream. Just have more insulin, thats what I do. You can actually eat whatever you want when you know how to control it.

ChelseaAnn08 0

Couldn't have said that better myself!! =)

You can get sugar free ice cream. That is generally fine for the common type 2 if you only eat it in moderation.

I ******* hate when people say that diabetics can't eat sweets. I'm 15 and I've had diabetes since I was 6. Everyone that doesn't have diabetes needs to shut the **** up because more than likely, you don't know what you are talking about. Diabetics can eat ANYTHING that they want. And it doesn't matter how much sugar is in something. Carbs are what count.

ChelleStacey 0

I agree! But sugar does count, its just added into the carbs. Except for lollies. Just take more insulin and away you go. Lol.