By Anonymous - 17/09/2009 07:05 - United States

Today, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I went to tell my grandpa, who immediately said, "I'm sorry, let's go get ice cream to cheer you up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 920
You deserved it 3 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awwww does he even know what diabetes is?

Probably just slipped out out of habit. When one of my friends is down we always suggest going out to get ice cream. Either that or he doesn't really understand what diabetes is.

Comments

it doesn't really matter if you have type 1. but if you have type 2, get a ******* sense of humor! diabetes isn't even bad if you just take care of yourself. so lighten up, pussy=]

I've had diabetes since i was 2 years old, im now 16, my diet? Chocolate, crisps, and lots of unhealthy food, im still doing fine, a little bit of sugar won't kill you, i honestly eat about 6 bars of chocolate a day minimum, i know its probs not the BEST thing i shud eat but it don't mean i can't, and before anyone assumes, i am very skinny considering my diet.

im a diabetic too, and have been for 8 years, and i eat sweets and im not on the pump. you just have too talk too your doctor about what plan will work best for you, its hard at first but in the end your just as normal as everyone else :) xo -clutz989

I've been diabetic for five years. It sucks. Can any of you show any sympathy? It's really hard the first day, when you're scared and confused. And you can eat anything you want, once you've got your blood sugars under a little more control. And BTW DIABETICS CAN EAT WHAT EVER FOOD THAT THEY ******* WANT TO. GOD. Just because we don't make insulin doesn't mean that we can't eat the same food everyone else does. My favorite food is chocolate. I eat it everyday, and cuz i've got the pump i can eat WHENEVER AND WHATEVER. and the sugar-free stuff often has more carbs than not sugar free. And it tastes like SHIT. So unless you know what diabetics go through, shut up. you sound like an idiot. You have no idea the stress and shit we have to deal with. So just shut up. They're obviously going through a hard time, and you shouldn't make them feel worse you unsypmathtic jerks.

Goddamn I'm type 1 diabetic and "Z0MG YOU CAN'T EAT THAT LULZ"

WTFpancakes 0
xEmoPrincess69x 0

I just ate a huge bowl of ice cream and im ******* diabetic! It doesnt matter! You can eat WHATEVER YOU WANT if you have diabetis, you just have to TAKE THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF INSULIN.!! i dont see why every one thinks diabetics cant eat sweets. Ignorant people.

xEmoPrincess69x 0

By the way, #33 type one takes MORE insulin.

ninjafortmaker 0

well at least he was trying to be nice.