By poohead - 09/12/2009 05:07 - Australia

Today, I was cleaning out my new guinea pig cage for the first time because one of them had babies last night. After using a spatula to shovel up the 3 inch layer of crap and placenta, I decided to hose it down. The hose came on so hard, it sprayed the dung and birth water all over my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 144
You deserved it 30 195

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3 inch layer of dirt, shouldn't you have cleaned them out a long time ago?

A guinea pigs pregnancy is 65-72 days...if this was the first time you cleaned it since you got them then you definitely deserve it. Also, I notice you live in QLD...you do know that there are approximately 300+ guinea pigs languising in Australian Cavy Sanctuary shelters in QLD right? And many more in the NSW + Victorian shelters. If you bred on purpose then you really deserve it.

Comments

That's disgusting. A THREE-INCH layer of feces????? Go give that poor rodent to someone who actually knows how to care for cage animals, you incompetent bitch. How would you like to sit in a pile of your own waste? Guinea pig scat is relatively small. For there to have been a three-inch layer of the stuff all over the bottom of the cage, you must not have cleaned it for weeks, maybe even a month. God forbid you have a dog. You'd probably tie it up in the yard with a barbed-wire collar and leave it a bowl of water once a week...if you remember. HAH, or even worse, a cat. You'd probably clean the litter box once a month when the smell becomes unbearable. Some people just shouldn't have pets.

You do know some tribes in africa live in houses made from shit. One day im going to go there just so I can say "look at that shithouse". It will totally be worth the thousands of dollars needed to fly there. I don't really plan on doing anything else while im there. But yes, don't get a pet if you're not going to look after it. If only they would let me treat people like they treat their pets. There would be alot of retards tied up in the backyard with no food or water and dogs would run our banks.

I've seen a "shit house" in Costa Rica. Of course, watered down, dried and constructed shit is a lot different than just festering in a pile of poop.

boatkicker 4

I'm thinking that 3inches included all the newspaper/whatever they used. Perhaps they had a lot of it in the bottom of the cage. I know I overfilled it once when I had a guinea pig..... of course, I was also 7, and my mom wouldn't help me with it. She told me it was my responsibility, but didn't tell me how to do it correctly. I learned eventually though. Sorry. I ramble sometimes.

I call bull. I once had a guinea pig have babies, and the mother is very meticulous about cleaning up evidence of the birth after. All I found were a few tiny specks of blood. It's to keep would-be predators from noticing a brand new litter of delicious mini piglets. There definitely wouldn't be some huge amount of "placenta and birth water", especially after she's already spatula-ed the crap (no pun intended) out of it.

3 inches of guinea pig feces? I really don't ever want to see what your toilet looks like... Please listen to the other people here and donate all your pets to someone who really loves pets and can actually be bothered to look after his/her pets. And don't ever ever ever get another pet.

not all animals clean up. I had a dog one time that walked around giving birth and just looked at the sack and the puppy and wined from the pain. we had to break them and put the sacks in with her food, take a towel and clean the puppies and rub them to get them barking. it also too a few days before we could get her to lay down to nurse them and had to hand bottle nurse them. some domestic animals are not very good with birth also if there is that much shit in there then you need to give her up, that's sick. now if it was in a corner then I guess so, my rabbit manages to fill a small tote once a week with crap and he is about the size of a new born kitten. rodents are weird. but its only like and inch or half maybe, 3 inches is a lot, that would take weeks or months of not cleaning the cage. for the health of the baby you should have cleaned it constantly, thats dangerous for it to be born in that much bacteria

boatkicker 4

New born kittens are about the size of a fully grown mouse. You've got an awfully tiny rabbit. But kitttens grow really fast, Maybe you mean a few-week-old kitten.

Skull_300 0

I'm never getting shitfaced with you... What the ****?

You idiot. Don't you know that most animals eat their placenta?

wth,what was your face doing so close to ther cage and waterhose.? and o3 inch layer of crap should of been cleaned along time ago.!

euuugh placenta. cows eat their births placentas