By poorbastard - 30/08/2014 08:35 - Canada - Longueuil

Today, I was called in over speakers at the airport. The man who was speaking clearly and nearly burst out laughing when he said my name. Soon, a few people around also snickered when they heard it. I had to wait five minutes before I could casually stand up. My last name is Bastard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 510
You deserved it 3 808

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uniformed 13

Wow well that's unfortunate. at least you bring laughter to the world. haha

Comments

cadillacgal79 32
OneToughChick 13

My friend'a last name is Dick. She knows your feelings well.

kingdomgirl94 29

One of my best friends last name was Blowes, pronounced Blows, Her moms maiden name was Cann, and her step dads last name was Daley, as in daily. she was a little screwed.

Tawnkat 13

Is her name Sharon Dick? Cuz that would be hilarious.

Gravenmuir 18
cryssycakesx3 22

the mom is more screwed than the friend. *mostly* kids don't hyphenate they're names, like their mom. more commonly, they may take stepdad's name but that's not necessary. tl;dr- poor Mrs Cann-Blowes Daley.

One time in like second grade kid some kid was taunting me cuz my last name is Webb and he was saying "ohh, are you all covered in spider webs?" And I was like "I WOULDNT BE TALKING, ISAIHA DICK"

Doc Bastard, sounds like its you or a relative hahah.

I knew a girl named Nicole f_ _ ks but she pronounced it feuks, lol.....but regardless it still sucks, sorry op

Please tell me your first name isn't Fat....

I looked up the meaning behind your name for you op. It seems you came from a long line of fishermen who couldn't catch anything.

as long as your first name is not "*******" it will not be extreme weird..

My dad once told me about a guy named Mr. Bastard. Whenever people addressed him, they'd pronounce his name weird. "Mr. BAYstard," "Mr. BaSTAIRD." But he'd always reply, "No, no, no it's Bastard. Bastard by name, bastard by nature." Perhaps you too should acquire a sense of humor about it.