By thebickster - 06/03/2009 17:58 - United States

Today, I was boarding my flight when I got pulled aside for looking suspicious. As she was opening my bag, I said, "Be careful, I jammed so many clothes in there it may explode." I was then strip searched for my trouble. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 571
You deserved it 49 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stupid, but only because America can't take a joke anymore.

Yeah, it is stupid. Airport security has gotten way outta control. And studies show that we're no more safe now then we were before 9/11. All of this extra security is just to make white people feel safe(note: I am white and give a shit about airport security). The late great George Carlin has a great bit about airport security.

Comments

I don't get people who say "You're really stupid" or are sarcastic or say "You deserved it." It's a freaking expression, people. No normal person stops to analyze what they're saying and where they are before spouting out a common expression. Get over yourselves- it's a reasonable accident.

i agree with #4 airport security has gotten stricter......don't make any jokes about guns, knives, bombs, poison, gas, etc. they take almost everything seriously now......

crayonnedmusic 0

NEVER say explode in an airport. Or any word that means harm. They take everything so serious now...

#22, Actually anyone with common sense would realize that those jokes became unacceptable in an airport, oh, about 8 years ago now.

chillbro69 0

i did this exact thing 2 summers ago. they were searching my carry on and i said "be careful, it might explode on you". obviously, i meant it because my bag was really full. immediately, i recognized my mistake, and explained to them it was a slip of the tongue and i meant no harm. he still made his friend unzip my bag though.

I don't know, is it the same for you ? In France, we don't even have the right to bring anything that is liquid. Soap, Shampoo, and milk for the babies included... But I agree with #6. They're so annoying...

eeee93757 0

You should know better than to use the word explode in an airport...

#7 just so you know it doesnt matter if its probable cause ur in an airport they can search you for just about anything. if u read the information on ur ticket or on that thing that says read the terms and agreements u basicly give up that right.

MukyDaCookie 0

Ah man I know how you feel, airport security is a joke nowadays. Why would someone packing a bomb, make a joke about it? It doesn't make any sense at all. I had an encounter like this, I went to visit some friends over the summer and after a crazy month of catching up, I packed my body spray, deodorant and hair gel in my carry on without the almighty plastic bag and so had all of them taken at Frankfurt. Not such a big inconvienience, but it was just annoying.