By Alex - 26/06/2014 21:13 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I was at my mom's funeral. My sisters and I were sitting in the front row. The funeral director, whom we had met with twice before, was going around greeting everyone. When she got to us, she asked where our mom was. Seriously? FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 882
You deserved it 3 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I think punching him in the face would be justified in this situation. And my condolences.

kudwafuuu 15

Sorry for your loss OP. I imagine if it's in a highly populated town or city you live in the funeral home probably has a fair amount of funerals every week and it may be easy to mix up the details of each funeral or get confused, but that's still pretty unprofessional and they should take better care to avoid it. Especially if they had met with you twice already..

That's possible, but the immediate family generally sits in the front row at the funeral and the funeral director should have figured out who they were by where they were sitting. Also, if your job relies on you remembering names and faces then you really should make that a priority. Sure, everyone makes a mistake now and then, but this one was pretty bad.

Cookiee04 15

Should've been like where you are about to go

That's just awful. A real unfortunate experience. All will get better and maybe the humor in these comments will brighten your day. :)

Hpixiee 23

did you guys not read the "she" part..?

What a shitty funeral director, I'm very sorry for your loss and I give my condolences.

it's honestly a simple mistake if it was someone who was used to seeing her with you guys everyday

RedPillSucks 31

If that were true, one would think she also knew who was being buried.

Really? This was at the funeral I think even if it wasn't the funeral director an attendee would know whose funeral they were at? And the funeral director would, given the situation, only have seen them regarding their mothers death. It's a pretty big mistake to make.

I bet she felt awful, I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

She must have. But she deserves it. You don't get to be ignorant enough not to know whose funeral it is especially when it's a person from a family she knows.

btrag97 13

That's messed up.. R.I.P to your mother. I'm sorry about others stupidity.

btrag97 13

And I'm also talking about the people who are commenting, "that person is awesome" and trying to troll.