By swedishdude - 14/11/2009 13:37 - Sweden

Today, I was at a party where I ate a bowl of disgusting snacks because I didn't want to drink on an empty stomach. I spent the next twelve hours trying to prevent the world from collapsing into millions of demonic shards, cause apparently that's what a large dose of magic mushrooms does. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 013
You deserved it 36 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LOL imagine actually watching this guy after that.. and drunk ? haha

capthavoc123 0

I don't pretend to be an expert on the culinary arts, but why would you eat a bowl of ANY kind of mushrooms by themself? There wasn't anything else to eat at a friggin' party?

Comments

Hmm, let's see. An inadvertent psilocybin overdose can often leave you with a terrible "the world is falling apart and I'm doing everything I can to stop it" feeling. Mushrooms more often affect your mood and inner perception rather than strictly make you see things that aren't there, so at least this isn't someone pretending to know what shrooms do to you. However, no one, and I mean NO ONE would just randomly leave a bowl of shrooms at a party for people to munch on. A "bowl" of shrooms would cost over $100. Even if it was sprinkled in with the Chex mix, that's still not something people do. This isn't the same as spiking the punch, shrooms are expensive and take a while to grow, so they're hard to come by. You could probably get a person to buy a single cap for $5-10 and you're just dumping them in a public bowl at a party? Hell no. Furthermore, shrooms don't look like snacks or taste good enough for anyone to bother eating, let alone eat enough to accidentally overdose. They look, feel and taste more like something you'd get on your jacket if you rolled around in a field, especially with the "shake," rather than the mushrooms you put on a pizza. I call shenanigans on this, except I'm guessing a true story was embellished rather than made up entirely. Probably took a bad first encounter with shrooms and changed the beginning to make it FML worthy.

Lol... Well on the other side, some people are cool, and or grow their own.. Maybe a bunch of people threw in money for the shrooms. And also I've tasted imported chocolate that had psilocybin in it that was ******* delicious, and was better then anything I had ever picked fresh --- sooooo..

About putting out a bowl: Friends of mine have done that at several of their parties, you can just go into the mountains in fall and collect them here. Maybe they grow where OP lives as well, or the people having the party were growing their own which isn't that hard or expensive either. So this could very well be a true story. Apart from this, I fully agree with what you said.

I think that's what he meant when he mentioned the part about selling them for lots of money. Meaning, if you grow your own, the smarter and more logical thing to do is to sell them, not leave them in snack bowls for people to munch on. Especially for people to eat by themselves.

I just find it very hard to believe that people throw parties these days in which they put a bowl of $100+ worth of illegal drugs on the table and expect people to treat it like finger food. Again, this isn't spiking the punch or leaving a few bottles of liquor around. Mushrooms are rare and expensive, and this is just not how you treat this kind of material. I mean, personally, if I figure out what's in that bowl, I'm stuffing some or most of that shit in my jacket pocket. At the very least I'm gonna take as much as I want, like a fat guy eating hors d'oeuvres. If the host doesn't like it, it's his responsibility to tell his guests how to behave around his free drugs, even a quick "go easy on the shroom bowl please" should be enough (and OP's host apparently didn't even feel the need to mention it, eh). I stand by my assessment that OP had his first shroom trip, it went badly, and he made the beginning of the story more interesting so he could get it on FML. Or maybe this is just how things go down in Sweden.

sosadtoobadd 0

Geesh, I once smoked one little teensy bowl of my very best friends old dried up hash, and it wasn't even her last bit of it and she didn't talk to me for days. I can't imagine eating a whole bowl of someone's shrooms and not having them harsh on you pretty bad.

PurpDOODE 0
wtf_fml 0

"...trying to prevent the world from collapsing into millions of demonic shards..." Awesome. Epic writing. Love it.

Erindub 0

People at high school parties might not just leave a bowl of shrooms laying out at but when you go to higher scale parties amongst celebrities that stuff is commen. Just saying. These things exist. I know

recognize a joke and don't be so bitter there, chuckles.

Why not just eat Doritos? Don't they have those in Sweden?

#81, your friend must be an über bitch

What I am wondering is who buys a significant amount of shrooms and then leaves them out for people to have. I know some people are generous with their drugs but to let you just eat a whole bowl of them?