By thatwasmiz - 08/04/2009 06:38 - United States

Today, I was at a gay bar and asking a really convincing drag queen about her daily routine. I asked how she tucked her penis in. She responded, "Um, I'm a woman." I said, "Oh I'm sorry, are you pre-op or post-op?" She said, "No, I always have been and always will be a woman, asshole." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 554
You deserved it 78 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aren't those extremely personal questions to be asking? Could we get a transgender/transvestite to weigh in on this discussion?

I clicked YDI, then FML. It's a bit of both, I'vegottaa say, some of them can be pretty damn convincing!

Comments

#10, I'm not transgender but I can answer your question. For one, "transvestite" is not a polite word to use. Generally speaking, the drag queens I know are very open and have no problem answering them/talking about them without being asked. If a person is trans the pre/post op question is almost the equivalent of asking a gay person how long they've known/been out.

#10, no we couldn't, because they're morally wrong anyway. WOAH that was prejudiced, must have come from an unknown dark place in my mind. Apologies. Kind of.

babysittingfail 0

God loves all his children. Man or woman by choice or birth... I wish all people were at peace with themselves enough to see that.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Elisabetha Aarron 18

Wow you clearly need to educate yourself on why the OP was rude, invasive and why what they did was inappropriate

brodizzle 0

#12, transvestite is a perfectly fine word to use... as long as you use it to describe a transvestite, and not a transgendered person. Not all, and probably a minority of transvestites feel like they are trapped in the wrong body. Pointing out something about a transsexual person, however, like the fact that they still look like a man in spite of their best efforts (how do you hide your penis?) is just as rude as asking a natural-born woman the same question, however. I don't know what sort of transsexuals you hang out with, but the idea is to be indistinguishable from an XX woman. The fact that someone doesn't think you look womanly enough is an insult. So yes, #10, they are extremely personal questions, and the OP DI.

geesquared 0

@#14, shut the **** up, and your username sucks. Although it's not really an FML, you didn't deserve it. She was at a gay bar, for Christ's sake. People would ask... I assume.

LOL. That was awesome. Should have quit while you were ahead even though she deserved it.

There was nothing wrong with your action. Plain and Simple.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

My index fingers are shorter than my ring fingers. O_o The last time I checked, I was a woman.

Actually, women can have longer ring fingers too. It's a sign that they have higher levels of testosterone, which is why men usually have it-- and it is also why many lesbians tend to have longer ring fingers. .... I have a longer ring finger. ;)

UltimateGIRness 16

On one hand I have a longer index,and on the other I have a longer ring finger,what would that mean?!?!?!