By Forever alone Guy - 19/02/2013 23:07 - Australia - Narre Warren

Today, I've been single for so long my grandmother had to ask if I actually like women or not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 128
You deserved it 3 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She didn't have to ask anything. Gay people have relationships too, you being single has nothing to do with your sexual oriwntation. Just sounds nosey to me, that's not really a necessary question

missd93 6

You should be like, "No, Grandma. I love cats. Their love is all I will ever need. And they won't get jealous when I bring more cats home." In utter seriousness.

Comments

Yikes. That's a signal to get into the game. If your grandma has to point that out/ ask you, then dang man. Or you can just tell her that "I'm not wanting a girlfriend now and rather work on doing something else."

Everyone goes through phases where they're single for extended periods of time though. Hopefully OP's grandmother can be a little more understanding to him in the future.

It's not a game. You aren't Mario going head over Koopas to get a princess. But yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe he isn't trying at all.

Not being kinda "I told you so Ichabod" but that's where the 2nd part of my comment comes in. :(

Emphasis on the ISN'T. Sorry. I was agreeing with that part.

Oops, replying to the guy that commented on my comment first. Yours is completely valid.

Say, what's so bad about being single anyway? Lasting love is rarely born from desperation, and "Getting into the game" isn't needed to lead a satisfying life. Grandma is just being silly.

She didn't have to ask anything. Gay people have relationships too, you being single has nothing to do with your sexual oriwntation. Just sounds nosey to me, that's not really a necessary question

I don't think OP's gay, or else his FML would sound like regret/ embarrassment where he never told his grandma that he's gay.

I didn't say he was, I didn't think he was. I think him being single for awhile shouldn't prompt his grandma to ask what hole he prefers diddling

Then why add that 2nd sentence to your comment? Not trying to be homophobic, but OP being "gay", is somewhat of a jump in logic from being single for so long.

I think she was just trying to say that just because he is not bringing any women home does not mean he should be asked about his sexuality. If he was gay and not dating anyone, it would still be rude if grandma asked if he didn't like men anymore. Either way, he needs to tell grandma that it will happen when it happens.

She might suspect that he's dating men in secret or that he's afraid of coming out so he'd rather date no one than date men and be outed.

What do you mean "why add" my second sentence? My point was she didn't have a reason to ask based solely on his singleness. You completely missed the point. Twice.

It might depend on the region. Some don't have lots of gay/out-of-the-closet people or they just aren't accepted.

Grandma's are nosey like that, don't let it bring you down :-)

Mister_Triangle 21

And they have a right to be; they've already been successful in keeping their evolutionary chain alive. It's only natural that they worry about their predecessors.

#28 You mean her *successors*? Predecessors would mean the grandma's parents and ancestors. Also, it really is none of her business whether or not OP chooses to continue the family line or chooses to date anyone at all. She chose to continue it, OP can choose not too. It's OP's life, not his grandma's. Sorry that it sounds mean, but it's true.

Authoress14 15

Have you even been making the effort?

man_in_black08 28

Means she has a tattoo of a heart with wings on her lower back

Authoress14 15

Tramp stamp with the face of Bill Clinton and an angry beaver?

He might be content being single. Or maybe he is messing around with people and not in a monogamous relationship. I don't think it's grandma's business and she shouldn't have just assumed he was gay.

It's always the grandmas making the OPs feel bad about their dating lives...

Cause, y'know, grandma's got Facebook, and she's hitting on my friends.

missd93 6

You should be like, "No, Grandma. I love cats. Their love is all I will ever need. And they won't get jealous when I bring more cats home." In utter seriousness.

my cat gets pissed off when i bring another cat home. just sayin'.

DishnobFruitCum 5

Why does everyone seem to assume that if you don't appear to be making an effort to pursue a relationship with a member of the opposite sex, then you must be gay? Pisses me right the **** off.

perdix 29

Not everyone. The list of possibilities includes at least asexuality and autosexuality, too. Then, you can start adding the fetishes like dead people and animals, etc. I've never believed that an unsuccessful heterosexual would automatically do well as a homosexual. I don't think gay people like losers either.

JR_Goes_Rawr 11

Well do you? You never did answer the question.

Don't worry dude, you'll meet the right person, and when you do, it'll hit you like a train (in the best possible way). Believe me, I'm speaking from experience here :)