Assumptions…

By Singlelady - 21/09/2016 19:16 - United Kingdom - Stoke-on-trent

Today, my sister gently asked me if I was gay. Turns out I've been without a boyfriend for so long that the whole family believes I secretly have a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 854
You deserved it 1 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell them you are bisexual. That way, when you don't have a boyfriend, you can say you're on standbi.

*stops trimming mullet in front of mirror (below an original Georgia O'Keeffe) to look over flannel-covered shoulder* "Why would you think I'm gay?!"

Comments

Just tell them you are bisexual. That way, when you don't have a boyfriend, you can say you're on standbi.

Well at least they sound supportive regardless of your sexuality.

*stops trimming mullet in front of mirror (below an original Georgia O'Keeffe) to look over flannel-covered shoulder* "Why would you think I'm gay?!"

I was single for three years before my last boyfriend...you're probably just picky and there's no shame in that!

You should come out as asexual. Yes, that's a thing now! Asexuals Unite! Except in that way, because...y'know...ew.

Asexuals aren't some recent creation. There's been asexuals for a long time. There are asexuals in their 50's and older too.

Asexuality has probably been around for as long as sexuality itself, but it's not exactly like the absence of sexual attraction would be very noticeable to sexual folk. Nobody is going to cat-call, "Hey, nice **** maybe! I don't know! I don't experience sexual attraction!" And you're certainly not going to be grinding with somebody in a club who leans over and whispers, "Listen, you wanna go back to my place, and… just sort of hang out platonically?"

Well, now asexual has achieved parity with other sexual minorities. I saw LGBTQA recently. I wish I knew that when I went through my asexual phase. I just thought I was a loser.

But sexuality isnt a phase. You can lack sexual attraction for a point in your life and not be asexual

well... maybe try it and u won't be single

God you sound like my ex. You can't "try it" if you aren't gay. Its not a drink.

Mungolikecandy 19

I never told my family when I was dating until I found someone special who I wanted to share with them. My mother asked if I was gay one time. I found that funny.

same here. I have been single for 6 years.so my brother and mother said they wanted to have a talk a few months ago. I laughed when they asked me. especially since my last roommates was a gay couple.

#10 that's a good point. Not everyone wants to bring home every single person they date unless it's really serious.