Cheer up sleepy dreams

By dead - 31/03/2021 23:00

Today, it’s been 6 months at my job and I still can’t get used to the morning shift. Even with a changed diet, exercise, meditation, and no caffeine after noon, I'm averaging about 2 hours of sleep a night. My body will always choose sleep deprivation over falling asleep at a reasonable time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 995
You deserved it 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Interesting fact it has been scientifically proven that some peoples bodies are hard wired to be up at night not during the day. This is left over from the cave man time when people would take different shifts to stay up and watch everyone. Its something beyond your control :)

Nhayaa2.0 17

I'm so like this. Even if I have to wake up early several days in a row, as soon as it's over, I go back to my old habits in a day, sleepy or not.

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

I hear you! It’s bloody horrible having 3am starts when your brain won’t shut down before 1am.

Interesting fact it has been scientifically proven that some peoples bodies are hard wired to be up at night not during the day. This is left over from the cave man time when people would take different shifts to stay up and watch everyone. Its something beyond your control :)

Nhayaa2.0 17

I'm so like this. Even if I have to wake up early several days in a row, as soon as it's over, I go back to my old habits in a day, sleepy or not.

Same. I teach high school, so I have to be up at an ungodly hour. I struggle to sleep during the week to the point of having migraines. As soon as Friday hits, I’m back to my natural schedule of a 3am bedtime and a 1pm wake time. I don’t have migraines on the weekends.

It may not help much, but in case you spend a lot of time in front of a screen before bedtime (phone, TV, computer), you should probably try to turn off all your screens a couple of hours prior to your bedtime and read a book or some such instead.

Nhayaa2.0 17

I know the feeling. You're not alone. Stay strong!

bobsanction 18

Try second shift. I had that same problem and switching to second shift has made it much easier.

I have the same problem. I've tried working dayshift jobs in the past just to not be able to fall asleep before 3 am and be exhausted for the day. I've worked nights for the better part of my adult life.

Here's an option. GO TO A SLEEP CLINIC. There is (hopefully) a medical sleep clinic in your area that can help find a way for you to get more sleep, OP. If you can't figure something out, call an EXPERT. The people that think they can handle everything themselves are deluded.