By owned - 28/04/2009 14:12 - Singapore

Today, I turned 18. My parents gave me a card that read "now that you're 18, it's time for some boozy fun... you can do all the things you did before but legally!" Taped to the inside was my fake id that I "lost" three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 271
You deserved it 66 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood why people couldn't just wait until 18 to drink/smoke/etc. It's not exactly like waiting until you're 65 to retire. =/

your parents seems to be funny. thumps up!

Comments

Were they giving it back to you, or did they get angry with you? Also, are you not from the US?

mrhahn530 0

where do you live that you can drink at 18? Lucky bastard...

Everywhere, except the US. That's right, we are the only country with a drinking age of 21. Yipee for us.

Seriously people need to read the earlier comments, then been about 10 'zomg where can you drink at 18?!?!? o.O' comments, which get repetitive and frustrating Also yea, not realy an FML

eh, you only lost out on three months, and i'm guessing it didn't kill you. your parents rock, and you don't have to wait until you're 21 to drink. i'm jealous!

lnm701 0

I don't feel too sorry for you, you didn't get in trouble, and I think a fake ID is a bit excessive anyway when the legal drinking age is 18. That's really not long to wait to be able to legally purchase alcohol.

organismal 0

Yeah, I don't get why it's so hard to wait until you're 21. (or whatever age it is in your country). Alcohol isn't all that special, imo. By the way, guys, the drinking age in America is 21 because Americans tend to be really, really stupid with their alcohol. The age for entering the military is most likely lower because people don't take that decision as lightly as they do getting completely wasted and then, I dunno, driving and killing innocents. (Also, I belive the judgement portion of the brain often doesn't develop fully until the early twenties? Not sure, it's just something I've heard before)

#3: Because apparently it's badass to do things at an earlier age.

Paulzoom91 0

You only had an ID for 18... why not 21? Then the "Boozy" would be legal

vitaminsandminer 0

#45 did you really think every countries drinking age was 21?