By owned - 28/04/2009 14:12 - Singapore

Today, I turned 18. My parents gave me a card that read "now that you're 18, it's time for some boozy fun... you can do all the things you did before but legally!" Taped to the inside was my fake id that I "lost" three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 271
You deserved it 66 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood why people couldn't just wait until 18 to drink/smoke/etc. It's not exactly like waiting until you're 65 to retire. =/

your parents seems to be funny. thumps up!

Comments

#35- good for you. go preach elsewhere =]

lol, they knew everything. At least nothing went wrong.

Actually #28 there are 3 provinces in Canada where the legal drinking age is 18. They would be Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec.

#17, How is that an "American comment"? Plenty of places in Europe have a drinking age that is 16, so asking where they live that it'd be 18 isn't something about being stupid.

Seriously... where do you live, and why is 18 the legal age for alcohol consumption there?

I think most countries have a drinking age of either 16, 18, or 19. The US is the only country in the world where it is 21.

I wish I could legally drink at 18... haha but at least your parents weren't pissed...

25 & 29 - sorrrrry i was under the impression that alberta, quebec, new brunswick and bc all had 18 as their drinking age. clearly i was mistaken and did not pay attention to any provincial laws. :)

#45 - try Europe? Drinking age in Germany, for instance, is 18.

Thumbs-up for your parents on this. As for you, though, you deserved it. You could have waited until you were legal.