By owned - 28/04/2009 14:12 - Singapore

Today, I turned 18. My parents gave me a card that read "now that you're 18, it's time for some boozy fun... you can do all the things you did before but legally!" Taped to the inside was my fake id that I "lost" three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 271
You deserved it 66 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood why people couldn't just wait until 18 to drink/smoke/etc. It's not exactly like waiting until you're 65 to retire. =/

your parents seems to be funny. thumps up!

Comments

may_cause_fail 0

33- Not everyone depends on alcohol for a good time. :] If you drink underage, then yipee for you! But that's not reason to tell someone to "start living in the real world" because they don't want to drink illegally.

Julle_fml 0

I never really understood why the legal drinking age in the US is so high...? In Denmark you can drink legally at the age of 16. That, of course, might seem a bit low, but then at least put it at 18 in stead of 21 :P

The only possible way this is an FML is the fact that you didn't have your fake ID the last three months you would have needed it.... So it's really not an FML. Heh, my whole extended family watched my older cousin make me look more like her so I could borrow her ID for my Studentfest (approximately "high school graduation party") as my 18th was a few months off :) It really is a quite arbitrary point, but one has to be chosen I guess.

I live in Holland and we can drink beer from 16 years (and other alcoholic drinks until 15% of alcohol). Alcoholic drinks that contains 15% or more are legal from the age of 18.

#51 I wasn't denying the fact that other places in the world may have drinking ages of 18 or lower. I was just stating what it was in Canada.

Loe_307 0

Not an FML for sure. Your parents seem to have a good sense of humor. #17 "That was a very American comment." = Is that supposed to be an insult? Americans make American comments just like Germans make German ones. Don't let a few of our bad examples represent the whole. I'm sure I could go anywhere in the world and hand pick the worst representatives and parade them as the mass.

cbuckk 0

what are you talking about ur parents seem sweet giving you your fake back unless your mad they had it for so long

#54: well, no. in germany you can drink beer and wine at the age of 16. only for the hard stuff you have to be 18.

dancing_bear 0

You did technically deserve it because you had a fake ID, but I think this is brilliant! Your parents are hilarious.

i was going to rant at #17 but #47 summed it up for me :)