By owned - 28/04/2009 14:12 - Singapore

Today, I turned 18. My parents gave me a card that read "now that you're 18, it's time for some boozy fun... you can do all the things you did before but legally!" Taped to the inside was my fake id that I "lost" three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 272
You deserved it 66 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood why people couldn't just wait until 18 to drink/smoke/etc. It's not exactly like waiting until you're 65 to retire. =/

your parents seems to be funny. thumps up!

Comments

sneakersneaker 0

At least you're not in the states where you have to be 21 to have some "boozy fun."

props #72 haha i hate how some americans just assume the rest of the world is exactly like them. i'm a proud (greek) american but i try to pay attention to how the rest of the world works ;) haha this is why i love greece. the drinking age is 16 but basically no one cares if you drink from the age of like 10. but no one rly gets drunk, because it's kind of declasse.

Yah, Canada it's 19, except Quebec and Alberta. :) And people can wait until they're leagal to drink. Me for example. I had my first drink on my 19th birthday. Not because I didn't think my body was magically ready for it at that age, but because I'm respecting the laws and not drinking illegaly. Also I've only had like maybe 5 drinks since. Honestly you don't need to drink to have fun. I have plenty of fun without being drunk, and I get to remember all that happened.

kbot 0
Professor59 2

Not an FML at all. Your folks are pretty cool.

lets assume it is in the US. I would think it would be an FML if the parents thought it was his real ID.

dont you have to be 21? or is this not in the US?