By owned - 28/04/2009 14:12 - Singapore

Today, I turned 18. My parents gave me a card that read "now that you're 18, it's time for some boozy fun... you can do all the things you did before but legally!" Taped to the inside was my fake id that I "lost" three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 272
You deserved it 66 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood why people couldn't just wait until 18 to drink/smoke/etc. It's not exactly like waiting until you're 65 to retire. =/

your parents seems to be funny. thumps up!

Comments

psh, don't really get how this is an FML.. i've never had a fake id but still managed to get drinks and stuffs? could've just asked peoples. ;p and for the record, everyone who's saying "21", etc, not every country is that age. in the UK the legal drinking age is 18. =]

MessOfADreamer 0

What?! How is this an fml? Your parents are so cool! Twenty points to them for just slyly hanging onto the card for three months instead of bitching you out about it.

I'm in Australia and it's 18 here too :) Yay! Your parents seem to have taken it quite well and I think you should be pleased with that outcome instead of bitching about it!

#17 Shut up. #66 In America during Elementary and Jr. High school, you really don't learn that much about history except for that of the US. However in the latter grades at many high schools, there are courses involving Global Studies, World History etc., so Americans are in fact aware about the history of numerous countries around the globe. It may just be because I'm just another "ignorant" American, but can you please explain to me how you can judge the intellect of the American people solely based on the education that 9-13 year old children receive, because I don't see how this is possible. Anyway... To the OP: You're parents seem to have a good sense of humor. They could have just confronted you about having a fake ID a while ago.

what the heck? your parents are awesome!

Luv4pink1721 0

Hell yeah, I got my ID confiscated and all my mom did was laugh at me, and my dad yelled at me..

hahahaha ur parents sound really cool kudos to them for seeing the funny way to tell u theyd found ur fake id btw all the people who are moaning about not being able to drink because of legal age shit come to scotland you can get booze cheaply and generally if u have not got id that ur 18. damn i feel sorry for americans between the age of 18 and 21

Technically in the UK under the Children and Young Persons Act you can consume alcohol from age 5, yes age 5, but you cannot purchase or consume alcohol in a pub or from a store until age 18. You can also order one alcoholic drink (beer or wine), with a meal in a restaurant if an adult is present, from age 16.

dude at least they didn't grill you for it when they did find it! Also, at least you only lost it for 3 months! I lost my fake ID when i was 16 (18 is the legal drinking age in Australia). I couldn't wait another 2 years so I had to go and get a whole new one... pain in the ass!