By Anonymous - 07/03/2015 04:26 - United States

Today, I tried shaving my bikini area for the first time. I ended up cutting myself several times. I now have impressive razor burn, and it's incredibly painful to even wear pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 988
You deserved it 6 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your razor was dull that could have caused it- otherwise you should invest in higher quality razors and shaving cream. Your comfort is worth a few more dollars.

Comments

shiffizzle 13

From personal experience, a bad blade can really cause a lot of problems, maybe that was it. Ouch

yup. shaving cream. if its on the long side, try trimming first and go with the grain not against it (shave in the direction or the hairs growth) GL OP

Sorry but you should google this crap before grooming a sensitive area. I applaud your efforts, but it can be done without necessary pain. Better luck next time.

pinkvoltage 13
150493x 29

Get good at spelling things out in full.

You ever thought, that was part of the idea…? I know how to spell things -_-

I understand how you feel. Try applying rubbing alcohol to your cuts and bumps. Also lightly apply an antibacterial ointment to them as well. Also clean off your razor with rubbing alcohol everytime before and after you shave down there. Also you might want to replace your razor if it's old. And you shaving cream if you haven't already. Personally, I have used acne treatment on the bumps down there and wash face one them as well in the shower. I do my best to treat them and keep them clean. No lies at all. I understand completely.

I just don't understand the alcohol part ...

Acne stuff isn't going to do much since it isn't acne. You should really avoid putting most of that stuff in your general area. Yeast infections, UTIs, and BV aren't fun. And items such as rubbing alcohol and even treatment ca cause them.

rubbing alcohol may hurt but it cleans the skin and cuts. I am extremely careful when I treat the bumps and cuts.

justzofabulous 13

I know that pain OP. It will get easier lol.

The best way is to use either soap or shaving cream, and shave with the grain, the same way that the hair goes. then put on unscented deodorant after, it helps stop ingrown hairs. :)