By Anonymous - 07/03/2015 04:26 - United States

Today, I tried shaving my bikini area for the first time. I ended up cutting myself several times. I now have impressive razor burn, and it's incredibly painful to even wear pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 988
You deserved it 6 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your razor was dull that could have caused it- otherwise you should invest in higher quality razors and shaving cream. Your comfort is worth a few more dollars.

Comments

Shaving Tips: 1. There is a shaving cream out there called Coochy Cream, I highly recommend that. 2. Shave with the grain of your hair, rather that against it, this will greatly reduce razor bumps. 3. Lotion the area afterwards, this also reduces razor bumps. 4. You can also put a bit of tea tree oil on the area as well right now, this will probably get rid of your current bumps, but I mix a little in with my lotion and I almost never get razor bumps.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how this happened unless you were dry shaving. Dry shaving is a big NO NO. I've gotten rid of most of my hair on my bikini line through laser but when I had thick growth (gotta love those Indian genes) the trick was trim the hair down (if you let it grow out over winter/got lazy) then soap up and shave in the shower. Make sure you don't have a dull razor and take your time, don't rush.

bandit223 6

Put deodorant on the razor burn. It should help

Well you can consider this the perfect birth control for the next week

I know the feeling, I attempted it when I was 12 without telling my mom because I thought I was a freak because i couldn't wear a bikini. So, I did it by myself. Needless to say I wasn't wearing a bikini any time soon after that.

gobiteme2 34

Next time think about using a “Professional” groomer.

When you shave "below" apply lotion immediately after, the at least when you wake up and before bed. I recommend even more than that.

Tip: use a sharp razor, make sure to trim the hair before shaving, use shaving cream, and moisturize after.