By razgriz1 - 20/08/2009 05:45 - United States

Today, I took a cute girl out to an arcade date, and mercilessly dominated her in every game there, to the point she refused to talk to me afterwards. Gamer Pride: 1 - Getting Laid: 0. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 260
You deserved it 101 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IMB916 0

You took her to an arcade?! so u could beat her at all the games...? YDI

Xinabeth 0

I am going to say YDI. You shouldn't have "mercilessly dominated" her in the games; you should have let her win a couple at least (IMO).

Comments

CourtneyDanielle_fml 9

You always let the girl win. YDI

Bullshet 0

My fiancé does the same kind of. I hate playing games with him because 1) He's impossible to beat, at ANYTHING 2) He makes sure to remind me how much I suck ( and I'm pretty good considering I'm a gamer.)

pickwick716 0

For someone to actually take a girl to an arcade for a date, "cute girl" to them means a 200 pound mouth breathing ham-beast. Nothing of value was lost.

nope sorry not a YDI. I understand things easily as i have the bipolar emotions of both guy and girl. Which is why some bastards at my school call me a transexual. which i'm not. some dumbasses out there think arcade is a horrible date, especially to get laid. no self respecting girl that is worth taking out on a date would screw on #1. that either happens at bars drunk, or if the guy is that damn charming. op was probably joking, if not, shame. so since the good girls won't screw first time, try just having fun with her, and where more fun than a place where games surround you? Try playing it off easier. let her get a point or two, call it beginners luck. then catch up. if you wanna throw the game, don't talk about how much you play or how good you are, it sells you out. if you wanna win, don't plow her down (ooh!) . just play relaxed. not serious or intense. another thing, talk while playing. it makes the mood seem less awkward. also, compliment her or jokingly make excuses like “nice one!” (2b cont'd)

(cont'd) or “hey, i wasn't paying attention. haha!” what i like to do is to win barely. this is the tricky part. quite obviously after the game, don't say anything negative. but don't say nothing or it'll seem awkward. after i barely beat her, i usually compliment something she did well, congratulate her on a game well-played, and if she seems like she enjoyed it, hug her or something. don't push too hard though, take it slow. there are already enough babies born out of wedlock. anyways, just be yourself. hate when people pretend to be something they're not. but out of curiosity, what are the females' opinion on this? am i right? and whoever said the point is to have fun, not to win... is an idiot. 2 things. apparently you don't know how much fun it is to win.. and how can you have fun, when you can't play right or you'll beat her? throwing a game is more unfun than it is fun to win. believe me, an avid gamer like myself would know, its worse than watching someone else have fun on a game but never (2b cont'd)

(cont'd) getting to play yourself! and it gets too bad when the only way she wins 1 to 0 is when you basically quit. but the op never said anything about gloating. some people assume too much. he could have just messed up during the date. and some of you all also know little about girls. just an fyi, girls don't always aim after sex. Having fun counts too. if life was only about sex, there'd be no such thing as "not big enough", for guys and girls. remember that. on another note, #179 = win!!!!

triplethreat13 0

she didn't quit talking to him because she was a sore loser. she quit talking to him because she realized that he was a huge video game nerd. that's my assumption.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS. i love video games and still think you were being a jackass.

one way to make a girl like u more: let her beat u at games without letting her know ur not trying YDI for being a dumbass