By danikka1 - 11/03/2010 17:13 - United States

Today, I told my husband that after fifteen years of marriage, I wanted a divorce. His first question was whether or not he could still go on the family cruise my parents are paying for in May. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 083
You deserved it 10 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ggasg 0

he at least deserves the cruise... he did put in 15 yrs

Today, my wife filed for divorce after 15 years of being married. Oh, and to rub salt in the wounds, she decided to exclude me from the cruise her parents paid for us to go on. FML F your ex-husband's life!

Comments

This is wierd. The OP wants a divorce (a truly life-******* event, only "worth it" if the marriage is much worse) but she posts about the fairly tame response of her husband, instead of why she wants to be divorced. Maybe she is not proud of her reasons.

Or maybe it's not any of our business. Marriages end for a number of reasons, and the fact that OP's husband is more worried about losing out on a cruise than losing a 15 year marriage is a pretty good indication of why she's leaving him.

LaPrimeraSombra 0

Took the words right out of my mouth!

He's a selfish asshole, that's more than enough reason right there.

TheDrifter 23

Or perhaps she's been cheating and he has known for a while. It sounds like he gas already resigned himself to a life of paying for her to ***** around and just wants a vacation outta the deal.

Today, my wife filed for divorce after 15 years of being married. Oh, and to rub salt in the wounds, she decided to exclude me from the cruise her parents paid for us to go on. FML F your ex-husband's life!

Today, my wife of fifteen years filed for divorce. My kids and I have been looking forward to spending time together on a cruise in 2 months, she won't let me go because her parents paid for it. FML

It's kind of more F both of your lives, but does it really matter to you if you were divorcing him anyways? You could kind of expect a reply like that, if that could be part of the reason you're divorcing him.

He was probably just holding on until after the cruise and then he was going to file for divorce as well. Get the **** over it.

perdix 29

Obviously, he doesn't give a shit about losing you, so why not give the poor bastard a parting gift of thr cruise your parents are funding? Trust me, keep him happy and your divorce proceedings can go smoothly. If he wanted to be a dick, he could **** you over in court and cost you many times the cost of a cruise -- in lawyer's fees alone. Be smart.

I think the problem is moreso that it's a family cruise. I took that to mean with the parents and othe rmembers of the family. Idk, though, I could be reading it wrong.

OH! Spacebar fail. I shall now hang my head in shame.

perdix 29

Cruise ships are pretty big places. You can get the hell away from the family pretty easily. Also, unless the guy was an evil abuser, there may be no reason the rest of the family can't be civil to the guy. It depends what kind of divorce they are having. I've got the hots for my uncle's ex-wife. She's only 5 years older than me and is a total MILF!

I just assume they would have paid for a room for them, together, lol. It might be too much to ask them to pay for two seperate rooms (from what I understand, it's almost as expensive to have a single room as it is to have 2 people in one). I have never been on a cruise. I'm going on my first this June with my bf's entire family. Should be interesting, but I def don't have a crush on any of his brothers or anything, lol!

Here in a few weeks everyone will be wondering how your ex husband 'accidentally' fell overboard. Good Riddence!

How is this an FML? Your husband isn't on his knees begging or trying to start any dramatic argument. Seriously, a 15-year old is telling you to grow the **** up. To all those who state that this means her husband doesn't care about her is total blasphemy. If a female ever dumps me I'd be calm, collected, and laid back about it.

We can tell you have never been really in love. Which is no surprise since you're a 15 year old.

warmachine90 0

haha. way to go dude. he might as well get his 15 yrs worth of vacations off u before u split . FYL lady

beckster_05 9

Haha, first to be forty-second.