By Jim - 11/01/2012 01:32 - Belgium

Today, I told a co-worker to "lighten up, and stop wearing black all the time, it makes you look depressed." I didn't know his father had died the week before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 317
You deserved it 41 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KittyJay 3

This is why you don't assume or judge when you don't know the whole story. ydi.

GoW_Chick 14

Wow you are an ass, next time get all your facts before you go telling people what to do, or shut up and let people dress how they want to dress.

Comments

Airman1988 9

Need a moment? chew it over with Twix.

Shouldn't have said anything, whatever he wears doesn't affect you!

ikr? Lots of people wear lots of black becauase it is their style, and it is nobodys buissness to tell them what to or not to wear.

If the OP had just been trying to cheer up the co-worker with a joke or two I would agree, the fact that the OP told them to change their wardrobe because the OP finds it depressing is not an honest mistake at all. You don't go around telling people what they should and shouldn't wear unless it's you're job (stylist) and they ask you to, otherwise who the heck are you to tell them they have to stop wearing what they want to wear?

MsMeiriona 2

That's a douche thing to say even if no death were involved. Ass.

mistersheezy 7

Was this your first time talking to this guy. He's your coworker, you should've at least heard something about that at work.

Who the hell tries to talk to a colleague about changing their apparel or demeanour anyway... you can pretty much file it under "none of your business" from the off.

Wearing black does not nessecarily mean you are depressed. Some just like that, that's all. Like the people who insist on wearing bubblegum-pink all the time.

YDI for the plain reason that you shouldn't be nosy and concern yourself with how others dress. None of your business, really.