By Anonymous - 05/07/2012 15:46

Today, I started a sport journalism degree. I was the only female out of 60 students. The lecturer started talking about how we should all aspire to become sports editors of national newspapers. Later, he said women have no chance of ever becoming sports editors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 638
You deserved it 3 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well thats downright offensive. Tell him that he has no chance of getting laid with that attitude. Ever.

Comments

I find it hilarious that out of all these Comments there is only one clever post. :P

sweetmama88 6

He is in titled to his own opinion , unfortunately it doesn't count for crap, you can do anything your heart desires . Wish you lots of luck , and don't let any man try to tell you anything different!

So, on the very first class he raises your hopes only to destroy them with a chauvinistic discourse so close minded his brain is suffocating.... What is the second class? Telling you to quit and write a cook book?

Well this may sound sexist, but c'mon it's so true. Women (99.9% anyway) no little to nothing about sports, and those sports 'announcers' you see on TV are reading teleprompters. I would find a new field...

Usually that is due to general lack of interest in sports. Why would you want to learn about something you don't care about? It's not because they're naturally stupid when it comes to that topic. If that was the case we'd never have people like Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver. Men knowing how to cook, tsk tsk. They're interested in cooking, and have learned about it and know more than the average woman. If OP is interested in sports, she probably knows a lot more about it than the average guy that isn't really bothered. TL;DR - If you're interested in something, you'll learn about it. Regardless of gender.

well if that's true, become a sports tv personality. you'll make way more money.

3rdbass 9

This shouldn't be an FML, more of a "Challenge Accepted" meme.

It may be tougher for you, but prove that asshole wrong. I've met a few ladies that chose a career path that is still fairly male-dominant, but they became successful. If they can do it, so can you!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

ouch, talk about pointing to the glass ceiling

Lionesse 15

It's one of those things that gradually changes. It doesn't happen overnight. Our founding fathers created a country were Man was supposed to be the dominant figure. Over the course of the years, females decided to have their voices heard, and now in 2012, we have hope to accomplish our dreams, more hope than we ever had at any point in time. Don't waste your opportunity just because of people who have small minds. Females in the 1800's would of killed for your chances ^_^

What if she doesn't want to "prove" anything? What if she just wants to become a professional, without being put on the spotlight, made an example of, and having to struggle for it every step of the way? Then the lecturer's words are bad news for her.

Lionesse 15

She would have to struggle no matter what. In a competitive profession such as journalism, even men have to struggle and be put on the spotlight if they want to make it big. No matter what, she will have to "prove" someone somewhere that she is cut for a job such as this one.