By committedandalone - 24/11/2016 14:45

Today, I spoke with my boyfriend about where we want to live when I graduate. He says he doesn't know what he wants and his mother wouldn't approve of us living together. We've been together 3 years with the understanding we would live together once I graduated my Master's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 808
You deserved it 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he's backing out because of his mom, I'd be wary of her always being a third party in your relationship.

Hey, you graduating is a big step for him, okay?

Comments

Is your boyfriend 9 years old? Leave him in his mommy's basement and try dating an actual adult. He's got some issues, I'd take this a sign to get the hell out before it's too late.

Like everyone else above, I agree that your next boyfriend should be an adult.

thunderniron 22

Give him a choice- live together, get married or goodbye. Personally I'd suggest goodbye. If he's a mamas boy now he'll always be a mamas boy.

If mommy comes first, you will always be 2nd.

hey if he wants to pass up on a girl who got her masters hes an idiot feel free to pm me xD

He's scared, which is normal and maybe he just needs some time or some talking. It could be the case he does want to back out of it, so in any case you just talk openly about what each of you want. It's always better to know the real truth than to comfort yourself with illusions or even worse torture yourself with fears.

Get out of that "relationship" now. I can only assume the both of you are at least in your mid-20's, and yet he is still worried about what his mother thinks in regards to him making his own grown-up choices. It won't change. Believe me, it won't.