By dole_out_the_fml - 20/05/2009 17:36 - Canada

Today, I spent two hours making dinner for my boyfriend's family. When I brought it over to their house they said "thanks" and didn't bother to invite me to stay to eat it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 251
You deserved it 4 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least now you know they're not worth expending any effort for.

NGM_KID 0

You should have said "Now that you saw my food I guess I'll be leaving with it, I just wanted to show you how delicious it was!!"

Comments

Maybe they though u were rude for not staying, maybe it was implied that u were staying... we don't know the situtation and can't call her bf a jerk, maybe she's jsut really dense

Wait, what? Presumably they knew you were making them food, otherwise they would have prepared their own. So either you were doing it out of some sense of charity, if they for whatever reason had trouble making their own dinner, in which case you shouldn't expect to be invited in. Or you made dinner for a 'dinner party' in which case you shouldn't need to be invited in to attend. Provide more info, please, because the whole situation baffles me.

ilovefmlife 0

that's mean :[ I don't like my boyfriend's parents so much either but hopefully your boyfriend is the COMPLETE opposite of his parents.

maybe they just assumed you would be joining them to eat the meal and they are now sitting wondering why you didn't stay to eat with them? just a thought.

fretforyerlatte 0

39 took the words right out of my mouth. (or hands, as it were.) could be they figured it was a given you'd be staying to eat and didn't think they had to extend a formal invitation. if someone brought food for our family i would assume they were eating too.

i agree with 20. i would have done the same thing..

That really does suck... but clearly you didn't make plans to eat with them beforehand, you just agreed to make them dinner, or maybe even showed up with dinner, so you still deserved it.

Next time spit in their food..........or pee in it.......if there is a next time (which i hope theres not because your boyfriend and his family are assholes and you deserve better)

gertrude7 9

YDI, really. It's quite selfish of you to give a gift and expect something in return. Can't you be happy with the satisfaction of doing something nice for someone else?

Just know that if you stay with him and eventually marry him, that's what you're getting. Do you really want to be stuck with people like that? I don't think so.