By astraboy - 21/05/2009 09:11 - Australia

Today, I spent 3 hours making a birthday card for my boyfriend, delicately cutting each letter out of printed coloured paper. He used it as a coffee coaster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 185
You deserved it 8 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When someone does that kind of shit with stuff I make, I stop caring about getting them anything special. Next time just grab a card and sign it, since he doesn't seem to care. By the way, don't print out colored paper just to cut out. Go out and buy construction paper, it's cheaper.

deaditegirl 0

What a jerk. Even if he's not into the sentimentality of cards or whatever, he should at least show some appreciation for you and your effort.

Comments

I know this is an old post but apparently the guy that made the card was another guy... Did anyone catch that?

144, well everyone's referring to OP as 'she'/'her' and saying "He's a guy, what do you expect?"... so it does matter in context of their comments.

YDI for dating such a douche. You're probably the type that always complains about always dating assholes and keep all the nice guys in you life in the "friend zone"

OP IS A GUY SO STOP THINKING HE IS FEMALE!!!

Wow, sure is awful comments in here. For everyone harping on about "omg u just got him a CARD?!", she never said that. Just that she was making him a card by hand. For all you know, she was making it to go along with the great gift she got him. The rest of the YDI crowd on this one just seem like insensitive jerks. She's obviously put a lot of time and effort into making him something special and unique. I'd honestly rather that than some cliche'd Hallmark card. Sorry your boyfriend is such a pillock, OP. You deserve better.

Actually, a good idea is to get coasters or a mousepad made with pictures you have taken. A lot of stores do that now. I gave my family magnets with scenes from overseas when I was on tour. They were small and easy to mail. Good effort on your part OP. I think you may want to explain the significance of the birthday card. Your boyfriend may not have realized what you did for him. Just explain.

countryrose92 23

He is a man, what did you expect? And who the hell spends 3 hours on one card? Did you expect him to frame it?

_DarkAngelsGirl_ 11

IS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICING THAT OP IS A BOY?! Pay more attention maybe? I feel so bad for him, this guy obviously isn't his soul mate!

Accidentally clicked you deserved it, super sorry and that's a sweet gesture OP

caramelcookie 11

I had to re-read it because I thought it said birthday Cake but FYL OP

when are women gonna relise that guys don't want cards or flowers. we like things we can use or enjoy. Making a card is more a present for yourself.