By allergies - 18/09/2015 14:43 - United States - New York

Today, I sneezed while my ID photo was being taken. I look like a total moron in it. The photographer refused to retake the photo because I "clearly" faked the sneeze just to be funny. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 054
You deserved it 1 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What I wanna know is... if you're in a situation where you have to present your ID, do you have to make a sneezing face to be recognizable?

CallMeWindSock 24

Sounds like a funny story, but does he not understand that people's ID photos need to be recognizable?

Comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Sounds like a funny story, but does he not understand that people's ID photos need to be recognizable?

I feel like snot coming out of your nose should be enough to convince a person that a sneeze was real

leogachi 15

@2 I'm sure it would, but there may not have been any snot coming out of her nose.

What I wanna know is... if you're in a situation where you have to present your ID, do you have to make a sneezing face to be recognizable?

If you think YOUR ID picture is bad, you should see Dopey's and Sleepy's. - Doc

If your face chased so much as to render you unrecognizable, you must retake it. Otherwise, I do not believe the photographer, and I use the term lightly, has a right to deny you a second chance at your picture.

they'll give you a copy of it with the same picture so that would not work

itwasntme14 19

So then you pay money to have an identical one issued to you?

They save the ID pictures in the US? Wow, makes me glad I don't live there. (In Germany you can bring a new picture if you lose your ID, they don't save them anywhere and I thought that was "normal")

yet another reason Germany is the place to be.

I'm pretty sure they can't do that, you have to be able to see your face for proper authentication

CaitiieBuggs 23

That's what I thought. I don't know about other states, but in mine everyone is required to take off all hats and glasses as to not obstruct/ distort the face at all. I'd think a sneeze face would count as some sort of distortion.

myoukei 31

You can usually have them retake an id photo. The person was just being a tool....