By Porter_Robinson - 30/04/2013 08:50 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I sent a girl a friendly conversation starter on Facebook. She replied, "I know what you guys are like. Oh, and that invitation to a date in about 5 messages time? Not a chance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 423
You deserved it 9 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shoulda just showed her up and went like "what date?.. I just wanted to know more about (her friend). Who said anything about asking you out?"

Comments

Good thing the bitch came out before you started dating her. At least she saved you the hassle of dumping her.

I have a friend that gets a lot of messages from guys she doesn't know wanting to "get to know her". She really doesn't want to get to know people through facebook first. She kindly asks them to **** off if they begin asking her about sex, but she never insults a guy just for sending her a message, although she often writes back that she isn't interested in chatting with them on facebook. The girl you sent a message to was a bit mean though - there are better ways of telling guys off. I would still suggest you trying to talk to people in real life maybe - I know a lot of girls that think it's creepy when a guy she doesn't know sends her messages over facebook.

Well she's direct! A lot of girls get real tired real fast of constantly getting hit on. Her being honest actually saves you a lot of time you can spend pursuing girls that might actually be interested in you, and she saved you having to be led on or let down after god knows how long you'd have wasted trying to pursue her.

3rdbass 9

Sent a girl* *shallow ***** Fix'd.

The word ***** is thrown around too often, if anything this shows that she isn't a *****.

3rdbass 9

If she refuses to actually communicate to get to know a person, I can safely assume she goes by looks, which equals shallow. Plus, she assumed OP's intentions were to ask her on a date and not just talk to her on a platonic level. Her mind is already set to "they all wanna hit it" Thus I believe shallow ***** will suffice for now.

She may already like someone and don't need any random guys hitting on her

If she was a stranger, this is really sketchy. Having been the recipient of strangers hitting on me in Facebook messages previously, it's really uncomfortable. It's not like a dating website where your information is hidden-- these people know your full name, AND have a picture of you. It's really stalkery.

True. I've had total strangers send me friend requests and messages and its especially creepy for me because I'm nearly impossible to find (I've had friends search my name to add me and they said I just wasn't there) so how and why did they find and add me? It would never cross my mind to search some random stranger and send them a message, why the hell would I when I can talk to people I actually know and not seem like a total creeper.

I've had some very strange friend requests on facebook too (I had a middle-aged scottish woman and several American Justin Bieber fans try to friend me). However, if a facebook stalker wants to graduate to real life stalking they can be my guest. I'll crack 'em across the jaw with my mag-lite. :)

Are girls really becoming that shallow? Jesus Christ there's no hope for me now. Sorry OP. **** her.

beastseclipse 9

He tried. Just didn't get that far.

"I know what you guys are like"... Well I guess she is planning to stay single her whole life... Talk about stereotypes...

Ugh, you sound like the kind of person that talks to people on Facebook that you don't know in real life. This makes you a romance-telemarketer and I can think of nothing creepier. YDI

So she's a bitch because she rejected OP before he could invest time and get his hopes up, and I bet she'd also be a bitch if she had exchanged the requisite five messages before rejecting him. Guess a girl just can't win here, eh?

What the hell are you talking about? He was having a conversation ffs, it didn't need to have a set up for asking someone out, people talk to each other on Facebook without having to want to sex them.

Bullshit. I doubt OP would be posting this if he weren't butthurt about being rejected before he even got the chance to ask. Most likely, as one of the previous commenters suggested, he's bitching to FML because she figured out his strategy and called him out on it.

Or he posted it to point out that she's batshit insane and she's full of herself.