By Porter_Robinson - 30/04/2013 08:50 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I sent a girl a friendly conversation starter on Facebook. She replied, "I know what you guys are like. Oh, and that invitation to a date in about 5 messages time? Not a chance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 423
You deserved it 9 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shoulda just showed her up and went like "what date?.. I just wanted to know more about (her friend). Who said anything about asking you out?"

Comments

Well, if she didn't want to wait 5 messages, you could ask her out immediately. Assuming she was worth it.

This is not what Facebook is meant for!! YDI

titibug823 11

Wow, she really is sure of herself. Thats when you say something like "Wasnt going to ask you out. Just wanted to have a conversation like normal people do."

As a girl I know said to a guy I don't, "there's a difference between being a nice guy and not being able to get a girl.".

I just would have said "that's alright. I wasn't going to ask that in the first place, you're too full of yourself for me, personally."

RedPillSucks 31

I know what boys like I know what guys want I know what boys like, boys like, boys like me

'friendly'? I'm sorry, but no guys I know just want to be friends when they message random girls on facebook.

Cassandrax731 5

Listen, OP, and other guys who plan on asking a girl out on Facebook like he did: I've had a few guys try to talk to me with a "friendly conversation starter" on Facebook. When I indulged in this "friendly conversation," it would either escalate to annoying messages every day or a random, out-of-the-blue "let's hang out some time." I don't blame her for ending it sooner. Try actually becoming friends with a person in real life and eventually asking them out in real life, instead of using Facebook as a dating website. Just some advice.