By nevaagain - 19/08/2016 20:00 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, I saw a cute guy at the coffee shop reading a book. Wanting to be friendly, I smiled as I approached and asked what he was reading. He returned the smile and said, "Minding your damn business, by Fuck Off." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 454
You deserved it 3 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shit, I have to admit that while you did get blindsided and I have sympathy for you, the dude was a ******* savage

I would have responded "well I heard fans of that book are real asshats"

Comments

Should've replied with "Oh, well I'm reading 'Don't Be an Asshole', by **** You".

Oh okay. Wow. Not that this excuses his rude behaviour, but perhaps you caught him on a really bad day? Don't let this put you off being nice to others and taking chances! what you did was sweet, and honestly, not everybody will be so terrible.

Sorry, but I think you deserve it. I kind of wish I had thought about that back in the day. Men used to interupt my reading or concentration by telling me to smile - daily. Every time I went to the mall I would see the flash of a camera as I walked by. Yes, there are times that I welcomed interaction but not constantly. Wait until he takes a break and the book dips or when he's in a bar. If he wanted to meet you, he would have made eye contact with you. It's kind of ironic. I'm on my 50's. If I'm ever interrupted, I don't notice now. Perhaps it's because it's not happening every 5 minutes. Now people say that I am so nice (and smart and funny.) I'm the same person that I was but before I wasn't giving them what they wanted so I was a b----. Now that they don't immediately see me as a conquest, they can see me as a person and decide if I'm a person that they really want to know. It's really quite a relief.

okamiyazaki 8

I'm about as big of an introvert as you can find, and I have social anxiety, but God forbid someone try to be nice to me or make small talk. Absolutely no reason to chew them out, unless you're a massive piece of crap.

I wish I didn't give a shit enough to say this to people when they ask that.

okamiyazaki 8

Who says something like that? There are so many polite and mature ways he could have hinted that he didn't want to be bothered. That guy sounds nuts.

To be fair, if someone has their nose buried in a book they probably don't want to be disturbed.

Plot twist: He actually was reading "Minding your Damn Business", and the author's name is actually Pho Kopf, child of a Korean model and a German actor. Both of whom were tired of being asked for autographs.

he was unnessacaraly rude,but to be fair to him if I was sitting reading a book I would be annoyed if someone came over to flirt with me too.

Minnesotans are all assholes. Come to North Dakota. We are nice here.

I'm sorry OP for what happened to you but I have to admit I can't wait to try it on someone!