By nevaagain - 19/08/2016 20:00 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, I saw a cute guy at the coffee shop reading a book. Wanting to be friendly, I smiled as I approached and asked what he was reading. He returned the smile and said, "Minding your damn business, by Fuck Off." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 454
You deserved it 3 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shit, I have to admit that while you did get blindsided and I have sympathy for you, the dude was a ******* savage

I would have responded "well I heard fans of that book are real asshats"

Comments

Pretty basic ******* rule, if a stranger is reading, listening to music, or otherwise engrossed in an activity, you leave them the **** alone unless you have something actually important to ask or tell them. Thinking the person is cute and wanting to get in their pants is not important. Was his response a little overly harsh. Sure, why not (though personally I've dealt with enough annoying dudes doing this that it sounds perfectly acceptable to me, if I politely hinted at every a-hole who can't follow basic decency to go away I'd have no time to do anything else in life), but you were rude first, so learn from it and start paying attention to obvious signals people send off.

Woah. Like fair enough if he'd told you what he was reading then said, "It's so good and I'm really enjoying it though, so is it ok if I get back to it?" But no need to be so harsh

I definitely think he was far too rude. But honestly, I really hate when people interrupt me reading, especially when they're strangers. Yes, I'm in public but trust me, if I'm reading in public it means two things: I have no choice but to be in public right now, and I have absolutely zero desire to interact with anyone else. So I'm not going to say YDI because dude was a total asshat, but maybe next time consider whether or not a person might even WANT to talk to you.

kitsuneluvuh 12

While he was inexcusably rude, people who read books in public generally don't want to be approached.

boredgirl_02 14

The cute ones can be assholes

cheshireau 26

I would have responded 'Oh I've heard of that one but I wouldn't read it myself, only **** Boys would be caught dead reading that. Have a good one!'

Retort doesn't work so well considering in this situation OP was being the fuckboy. The dude was just being a bit of a bitch.

I understand that he may have been annoyed, but if he doesn't have the decency to at least not be a bag of dicks about it, he's not worth your time. If he wants to act like an "edgy" 12 year old, he can go shitpost on 4chan or something.

tiredofwaiting 25
BaDumTsss_fml 23

I'm sorry but you got ******* roasted

Calm down everyone. If someone approaches you while you're engrossed in something else, it's understandable to feel a little annoyed, but politely saying 'sorry, I'm busy' takes less than 10 seconds. I love reading- it really isn't difficult to just politely decline someone and then go back to your book. There's no need to be rude. If you think what the guy said was justified then you clearly have a complete lack of understanding of how to interact with people in a normal way.