By livingamongtheflowers - 15/05/2014 05:40 - United States

Today, I received yet another rejection letter from a college I'd applied to. After crying for a week about how lousy I felt, my older sister gave me all 6 of the acceptance letters she'd been hiding. Turns out she's been forging rejection letters and keeping the real ones in her room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 040
You deserved it 5 481

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I get the whole sibling rivalry thing, but your sister is a bitch.

When it's that time of the month for her, hide all of the pads and tampons in the house. She's gonna bloody regret messing with you :)

Comments

Kinda sounds like something I'd do....

Rayth 19

I'm curious on how she was able to forge a college envelope.

rachangie 19

She probably used the original envelope..she also could have said that she opened it on "accident" without looking at it. That's what my brother did with my college letters, he opened them and said it was an "accident."

OhNoAGhost 18

That's not very nice of your sister. But on the bright side - congratulations on all your acceptances to university! :)

im sorry but you guys seem to be overreacting. my siblings did the same thing to me. this isnt a new prank its actually one of the oldest pranks in the book. its sad you guys havent heard about it. and besides this is an oppurtunity to grow! the fact that they just took a week to cry about it instead of pushinf through shows that they can learn to harden their shell a little more. whats going to happen if they dont do good on a paper, are they going to quit college? there are kids who do that! and its because people dont do pranks like this and because they arent toughened up a little that it happens.

rocker_chick23 27

How are we overreacting? What his sister did was wrong and not to mention it's emotionally abusive to the OP since he thought he was lousy for a week.

You seem to have zero concept of scale. Failing one paper is a minor setback that's easy to overcome if you work hard the rest of the semester. Being rejected from ALL the colleges you applied to is a huge setback that could greatly impact your entire future.

Technically a federal offense, assuming OP is 18 or older, if they want to get back proportionately. Mail tampering =/= OK for ANYTHING, let alone college acceptance letters.

finalyearsofhate 22

I hope you didn't miss the decision deadlines for the schools! That would suck.

FOLLOWUP: The acceptance letters were also forgeries!

That sucks. I mean, brilliant prank, but totally sucks on the receiving end. On the bright side, you are going to college - and you get to choose.

Your sister has a promising future in psychological torture.