By tracy4191 - 13/06/2016 15:27 - United States - Ponchatoula

Today, I found out my grandma has been slipping laxatives into my food. Apparently, I was constipated once as a child and "once constipated, always constipated." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 516
You deserved it 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, now you will be. Doesn't she read the box? If you take laxatives for too long your body won't poop without them.

At least you've never been full of shit. You have that going for you.

Comments

Well, now you will be. Doesn't she read the box? If you take laxatives for too long your body won't poop without them.

Wait, seriously? I don't know whether this is a joke or not as I've never had to use laxatives

it's true same with emmas I know because I'm a vet

#17 it's true. What happens is that after awhile of taking laxatives (depending on strength) your body becomes dependent on the laxatives and so you become more constipated. That's why you're more likely to be prescribed a high fibre diet over a laxative for constipation.

I know I can't go without Emma. She keeps begging me to stop dragging her to the bathroom when I need to do my business, but what are you gonna do?

17 and a vet? Yeah I don't think so.

Okay I'm in a vet school and volunteer at one

Yes, when I have an upset stomach, I immediately assume someone must be slipping laxatives in my food. That's why i have my pet human taste all my meals for me

Where'd you get your pet human? Mine's been acting up recently and I'm thinking of getting a replacement. Training them is just so hard.

#14 you can't just replace your pet human! that's terrible! if you can't handle your human you don't deserve to have one at all!

Maybe OP does need laxatives if they never noticed anything amiss.

Obviously they did notice something amiss, because otherwise this wouldn't be on FML.

#14, I bought him at Costco. I had to sacrifice some quality, but you can't beat the price. Plus, I get 50% off my next purchase!

I got my African and German breed at PeoplePets.org. You can get them for 20% off if you use CodeKeem.

The way it was worded ("found out") made me think he caught her adding them or heard about it from someone else, not necessarily that he noticed anything wrong about his bodily functions. Obviously, she should not be secretly drugging him. Doing so over a long period of time may even cause OP to continue to need them.

Twisted_Killjoy 23

Laxatives are a slippery slope...

Twisted_Killjoy 23

I wouldn't want to get stuck in a shitty situation like that...

Doesn't seem like getting stuck would be an issue.

At least you've never been full of shit. You have that going for you.

And going... and going... and going.

Why do I so many fmls involving guardians slipping drugs into people's food, it's not safe

Like that one about the parents slipping contraceptive pills into their daughters juice every morning

...What? What do they be like? I'm genuinely curious.