By Cammi0 - 02/06/2015 17:58 - United States

Today, I realized the only way I can pay my bills this month is if I steal from my 8 year old's birthday money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 917
You deserved it 6 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to provide. Money can be replaced later.

Been there before. Several times! I always pay them back though

Comments

You should teach your son how to post FMLs here

It seems like kids who don't have much growing up (but are still cared for) appreciate the important things in life more later on. Money is temporary, family is forever, pay the bills and do something your kid will find memorable and enjoy for their birthday, even if it's spending time at a park together. Paying the bill allows you to have a roof over your head and your child has a home, that's far more important than any material gift could be.

kitkatmiaow 21

Why not explain to your child you need to borrow it and they would be helping a lot if they would lend you the money. Promise to pay it back. They may feel proud to have helped out ?

You need to cut back on things don't borrow from your child be the parent

ok so what should OP cut back on? Rent? Food? Maybe the power bill?

You never know what caused the lack of money, don't judge. There are endless items that can unexpectedly happen to drain your accounts. Faulty vehicles, appliances, health bills, job loss, etc. Unless you always have $10K saved in a separate account for times like that, and I can bet 99% of us don't have that, finances can change at the drop of a hat.

If you really need to just say mommy needs to take out a little loan I'll pay you back...he should understand

immunetoinsanity 23

But at least you have an option. There are lots of people who have absolutely nothing to fall back on.

To small financial bump. You some money return the money. You have to do what's right at all times borrowing the money is what's right now returning the money later it's what's right then

CyberSeeker 20

They will be grateful in a couple of years when they can go to good school and have nice things

It's close family. Why would you charge interest?

Better money management skills are called for here..

How is op supposed to know the future? Maybe their car broke down and they needed a new one. Maybe (like what happened to us) they had to buy a brand new ac/heater for the house. Don't judge.