By mooseknuckle - 31/05/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I realized that the closest thing I have to a savings account is the cup on my dresser with coins in it. I counted it, $17.34. That is my savings. I'm 28. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 809
You deserved it 50 726

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nammz 0

you're pathetic get a job ydi

LTMcleod 0

to bad you don't buy your own food, electricity, gas, insurance, maybe heat, water bill, furniture. :p

Comments

#65 - You don't know the OP's situation - there's a good possibility that they are still paying off student loans. You obviously never got a post secondary education.. While you may have saved enough for a "modest house", you will most likely always have a "modest job". I'm the same age as the OP and just payed off my student loans, but now have a wicked job with a 6 figure salary... So, no you can't call the OP an idiot - they may end up being your boss. And to all the kiddies who still live with their parents and are saying "I have $200 in my bank account..." You better go clean your rooms, or no allowance this week!

you guys are completley jumping to conclusions. he isnt necessarily pathetic or a loser because he doesnt have much money saved, perhaps he has his own house and a nice vehicle or needed money he had saved for schooling or had to pay for his kids braces or something. you can live with mommy and daddy and have a bit of cash in your bank account and go and brag all you want, but that doesnt mean you will never need that and always have that.

Buenisimo 0

Thats sad. I have $55 in coins alone. I hope you get a job soon cause if not you might either a)live with your parents(if not already) or b) become homeless. Hope your life gets better but as of now yes fyl.

For all the people on here who say get a job an all that jazz. Perhaps he has a job, perhaps he dont earn as much as some folks on here, PERHAPS hes living hand to mouth, and if any of you ****** pricks on here knew what it was like to live like that, PERHAPs you wouldnt be so quick to say get a job, save your money an all that other shit your talking, because, to be honest, its a cruel world we're livin in at the momment, an it IS NOT as easy as some of you make it out to be. Yeah, i suppose if you got PHd's, Diplomas, Degree's, even joined the military ( mugs ) an all that, your probably in a position to look at your life an have prospects, careers etc. So when you come back from Never Never Land, and you arrive on Planet Earth. And your trust funds and pocket money from your parents run out, or you get laid off or made redundant, your wife leaves you, or your life just totally bites the big one, and it suddenly becomes easy for people who are doing a whole lot better than you to say " get another job, work harder, it'll be ok, we'll go ask god ! " and your eating a can of corned beef for dinner every day working a 9-5, and realise that your life isnt sugar coated with a side of shut the **** up poor person...... yeah, i envy you all, you rock !

shadow_duv 0

then get a better job perhaps? or college, that always helps. perhaps a bank account could help as well. I dunno, its kinda your life and you are nearly 10 years behind already. and im not a prick, its called being a realist.

All the people saying YDI, you're pathetic, get a job.... Are idiots!!! Those people obviously had money given to them and didn't have to pay for College bc mommy and daddy were there. I'm 26 and have no savings because I paid my way through college, rent and bills! Yea not all of us are born with a bank account filled by parents! OP- sorry but that is not an FML! Be happy you have enough money to live for now and in the future when yiu have a better situation- start saving..

Hey--I didn't start saving until I was 30, and all I could save was $5 a month, boy, a whole whopping $60 a year! I eventually built on that over 15 years until I was able to pay cash for my stick-built house. It's not too late to start.

FYL because you have the time to count the $17.34 in your cup.

haha, I'm 15, own my own business, make 8k a year and have 16k in savings, although my parents do pay for food and clothes, im better off than you hahaha

#90 - lol... 8k a year? Do you own a lemonade stand? I made more then that at 15 working in a restaurant...