By mooseknuckle - 31/05/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I realized that the closest thing I have to a savings account is the cup on my dresser with coins in it. I counted it, $17.34. That is my savings. I'm 28. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 809
You deserved it 50 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nammz 0

you're pathetic get a job ydi

LTMcleod 0

to bad you don't buy your own food, electricity, gas, insurance, maybe heat, water bill, furniture. :p

Comments

I hate these kind of FMLS...btw Maybe u need some debt management or something. :P besides i aint got any savings and i aint bitching. enjoy ur 17 dollars. :P Go see a movie or soemthing. :)

You should've opened a savings account. When the interest was higher I received at least that much a month and I'm a 20 y.o. student (majoring in accounting.)

#3, if you're going to tell someone they're an idiot, at least learn some very basic grammar. OP, you should probably open a savings account; I have one and I haven't had a job yet (I'm a student) and I've got pretty much by just keeping my money in. Anyway, FYL... with this economy it can get that bad even if you try hard, sometimes.

Everything that I wanted to say has been pretty much said already. All these kids telling how they have $200 savings. How would those $200 last if you didn't live at your parents' place, paid for your rent, food, clothes, internet, water and electricity (and so on)? Not even a week. #90, get a life. You live at your parents and don't pay for anything.

athehun11 0

Go to the bank. Problem solved.

I just like to enjoy life - screw savings! Let's take a trip to UK! :D (Savings are overrated)

$10 or 10% whichever is greater out of every check, straight to the bank. I paid the down on my first car when I was 22 and my first house when I was 30 by doin' that. It's never too late to start saving. Good luck.

Where does it say that this person doesn't have a job ??? they might have a job but spend all their money cause they can't help themselves. But it is a good thing that you have realised that you don't have any savings, you are 28 that's young start saving now and you will have pretty pennies for when you retire.

FreedomFirst 0

Hey, that's better than mine. My hubby's been out of work for 5 months and I just counted out our change to buy gas. It was like $12. I swear if he doesn't get another job soon I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. He won't take care of the kids and I can't make enough to pay for child care, so there's nothing I can do. And to #15? Enjoy it while you can. I had savings at 16 too. That was a husband and two kids ago. You're a moron.