By thatsucks - 17/05/2009 17:42 - United States

Today, I realized that my father's weekly unemployment check is more than my bi-weekly pay check. My full time job pays less than my father's unemployment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 061
You deserved it 5 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My sister makes more with unemployment than I make with an actual job....it's just stupid.

Sounds like somebody doesn't understand how unemployment works.

Comments

weefoo 0

and just because you sit at a desk means you don't work hard? mindlessly tossing trash into a truck may require physical effort, but the businessman works just as hard, if not harder, they just do it from a desk and in a different manner. i think it's incredibly naive to say that people who work in an office don't work hard.

#85- I'm not saying that people who work in an office don't work hard, just that unless that office is for a charitable organization, they don't benefit anyone but themselves. So if they pay scale actually reflected someone's benefit to the community or to the country as many are arguing it does, office work would not be paid as it is.

weefoo 0

my father works ten hours a day in an office, and he makes a good deal of money. he supervises the purchase and sales of parts to and from a major corporation that makes airplane engines for the US Air Force, and also just about every airline you've ever heard of. don't tell me people that work in an office don't benefit anyone but themselves, because i'm pretty sure without those employee's, you wouldn't be able to fly anywhere, and, oh yeah, there wouldn't BE a US Air Force.

This isn't really a fyl...unemployment amount is based on prior work experience and tax information like 'number of dependents' which would show how many other people, bills etc. he has to take care of with his income, thus he'd get more. Either way he has more work experience under his belt than you do which is enough to get him more money.

Yeah unemployment is something like 40 to 60 percent of what you WERE making, so for example, I have a friend who was making 1100 dollars a week and now makes 600 on unemployment cuz he got laid off, I make about 400 a week. But that's my own problem for not having a 1100 dollar a week job before. He was working a career type job, I'm working a part time high school type job. Pretty common really. So for those of you who think it's f'd up that people make so much on unemployment, they earned it by having good jobs before. How would you like to suddenly have to live off 60% or less of what you're currently making? Good luck.

Well I'm sure that his full time job paid more than yours so....it's not really a FML for you...more like FHL because he is unemployed!

Jimbo2000 0

#41. I am on unemployment and I am constantly out there looking for work. Putting in applications and turning in resumes'. I only take a break on the weekend and that is because I have yard work and house work. But I guess by your standards, I am to damn lazy.

That's why we hate the government. And Obama wants to increase unemployment payments. So not the time.

FYL. oh wait, my friend makes 100 dollars a week less than me in unemployment. I work 7 days a week. FML

#83: thank you, from a future teacher.